Select Date and Travellers
per group (up to 15)
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Meetingpoint: in front of the Hilton Hotel in Rheinstrasse or Meeting Point at hotel possible if central, without extra charge Duration: 2h End location: Any central point in the city You will learn about: • History of the city • The rich ecclesiastic tradition • Napoleon’s occupation • History of Mainz Carnival • Johannes Gutenberg • The roman „Moguntiacum“ • Archbishop of Mainz You will see: • Electoral Castle • Town Hall • Old Town • Iron Tower • Holy Spirit Hospital • Palace of the Holy Roman Emperor now Gutenberg Museum • Market Square • St. Martin’s Cathedral • Gutenberg Square • Mainz State Theatre • Carnival Fountain • Kirschgarten Square
- You'll start atHilton MainzRheinstraße 68, 55116 Mainz, GermanySee address & details
- 1Mainz CathedralStop: 2 hours - Admission excludedStart your tour with a view the Electoral Castle, the former residence of the Archbishop of Mainz and one of Germany’s important Renaissance buildings. Stroll along the Rhine waterfront while you learn about the Roman „Moguntiacum“ and General Drusus. Pass by the modern Town Hall and cross the Rathausbrücke, the pedestrian bridge, towards the Old Town where you will get a glimpse of the Iron Tower. You shall come across the Heilig Geist Spital (holy spirit) built in late Romanesque style at the beginning of the 13th century as housing for pilgrims, the old and the sick. Continue towards the late Palace of the Holy Roman Emperor, that nowadays houses the Gutenberg Museum. Johannes Gutenberg was born in Mainz between 1394 and 1400 and is acknowledged in Europe as the inventor of printing. Immerse yourself in the unique atmosphere of the Market Square, in the middle of which stands the Heunensäule, a sandstone column commemorating the history of Mainz. Right above the Market Square rises St. Martin’s cathedral, the „Mainzer Dom“. Wander towards Gutenbergplatz where you will look up to the life-size statue of the city’s most famous son. Located opposite is the great hall of the Mainz State Theatre. Admire The Carnival Fountain with its over 200 figurines and allegories and end your tour in Kirschgarten square with its medieval half-timbered houses and charming taverns where they serve local wine.Read more
- You'll end atMainzMainz, GermanySee address & details
Hilton Mainz, Rheinstraße 68, 55116 Mainz, Germany
- Local Guide who will be with your group only
- Private guided Tour
- Possible customizing on tour with your local guide on the spot
- Entry/Admission - Mainz Cathedral
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- This walk tour suitable for any age
- For this walk tour no transportation needed
- Activity Level: Easy
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Global Guide Services
Dear GGS-Team thanks for a great guide in Vienna!
We were a group of 9 in Vienna and needed a Russian-speaking guide for a city tour. Booking procedure was quick and…
BEST Tour Guide EVER!
Our guide, Stefanie A, was the BEST walking tour guide I've EVER had. She is classy, well-spoken and eloquent and a…
We are a group of 13 (12 students and 1 instructor) from a Texas community college and used Ggs for private transfe…
This was a very personal tour with a private tour guide and the two of us. Timing was right on target! The tour gui…
Private walks in a city.
Here in Silver Tray - Bespoke European Rail Journeys we sell train vacations including trains, hotels, transfers an…
We always like walking tours and this was no exception. Alla was a great guide; patient and informative. We loved o…
A hidden gem
Bamberg is.one of the best kept secrets in Germany. It is not hard to find a little or big surprise around every co…
Munich public walking tour
Dorothea was very knowledgeable and took us to some great places. You have to see the surfers at the English Garden…
In Germany, for business trip or family journay I had the opportunity to visit many city. I suggest you to go in Co…
I’ve had the pleasure of organizing several tours with GGS and I’ve never been disappointed. Sergie (my last guide)…
Augsburg Morning walk
This was a great morning stroll from my hotel through the artisan community and to the old city. The tour guide was…
Guide was knowledgeable and pleasant. He walked all the highlights with us and answered questions. Very pleasant pe…
Wear your walking shoes
We enjoyed our Tour guide. We got an inside tour of there wonderful artifacts. He shared intersesting stories, and…
We have been working with GGS - Siavash for the past 2 years now, availing guides, assistance and even transport at…
WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH GGS
We worked with GGS for few of our tours, but we are already impressed with the swift and good service they have pro…
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, German
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently Asked Questions about Mainz Private Walking Tour
- Mainz Private Walking Tour price starts from £133.59. Discover and book Mainz Private Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
- Mainz Private Walking Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Mainz Private Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
- Mainz Private Walking Tour is hosted by Global Guide Services. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Global Guide Services on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Mainz Private Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
- On average, this experience will take approximately 2h. Discover and book Mainz Private Walking Tour on Tripadvisor