Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
per group (up to 4)
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
This tour is perfect for beginners/first tour on the island or if you only want to spent some few hours on a road bike. and you will get a sense of what i would say to climb a real mountain or how hard 5-15% steep short segments feels like. From Puerto de la Cruz.we will start our 7 km climb untill the Humboldt Observatory plateau, where there is a marvellous view over the valley, PDC and the Atlantic ocean. After that we pass thru the old part of Orotava village and cross the Orotava valley, before we have 5 km climb up to another spectacular viewpoint. From there we will head back to La Orotava and PDC In total it's a 45km ride and 1000mt ascent.
RIDE BASE Tenerife, Calle Avenida Francisco Afonso Carillo, Edificio Playa Bahia II, 38400 Puerto de la Cruz, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
Returns to original departure point
- Use of bicycle
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Bottled water
- Aluminium bike frame is included in the price. Carbon Frame bike costs 9€ extra
- Helmet is not included in the price
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
I took the 1/2 tour and was not disappointed the bike was geared for the terrain and well maintained. Jesper our guide was great at using routes that fit my skill level. He knew all the places that had fantastic photo ops. Jesper also went above and beyond when I forgot…
Date of experience: March 2020
Had a really enjoyable cycle tour up to the Anaga forest. I would highly recommend this tour company to anyone thinking of any cycle tour.
Date of experience: June 2020
RIDE BASE Tenerife and Jesper were fantastic. My son had a challenging but very safe 100km+ guided ride with Jesper and came back both exhausted but thrilled with the route and the views. Very professional organisation.
Date of experience: August 2020
I’m on holiday from UK and couldn’t face 2 weeks without riding. I’d done my homework before I came out and knew there was a well reviewed bike shop (Ride Base) near where I was staying in Puerto de la Cruz. I called in and got to chat to one of the guys, Jesper, to discuss…
Date of experience: November 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Ride Base
Best e-bike tours in Tenerife
We did two tours with Alberto and his team. What to say…great team, excellent equipment and an amazing experience. …
Awesome! I recommend 200% this bicycle store. Their service is great, the bicycles are top of market, and Alberto i…
Great guys, great bike shop! Definitely a go to for renting bikes on Tenerife! We did some rides with Jesper who’s …
Wonderful tour with Alberto & Rob
With 3 friends, we booked a tour on E-Mountain Bike with Alberto & Rob for 3 hours (without counting the preparatio…
Great MTB experience
We started our tour high above Puerto de la cruz on the ridge between the north and south of the island 2350metres,…
Beautiful route with excellent guide!
An excellent trip with Alberto! I booked last minute but Ride Base were really accommodating, provided quality equi…
Hired two bikes. One E one road.
Super guys. Nothing too much trouble. We changed our minds and they accommodated us instantly. 100% recommended
Review after road bike rental
I rented two road bikes - Radon Spire for 6 days. Email contact with the shop was fast and reliable. Payment was do…
2 x mtb day trip
Very professional guide and service overall. I liked the attitude of guide (Rob) of being relax but professional. R…
Super friendly and shared great insights
First time hiring from ride base and I am now a loyal customer. Bike was faultless and the staff were professional …
Perfect bike rental servie
Perfect bike rental service... amazing tips... couldn't climb Pico del Teide without the guys from Ride Base!
First class bespoke tours.
Top class operation all round. As a senior citizen I wanted a 40k ish guided road bike tour as I don’t know the isl…
Good bikes. Really friendly staff who helped with route planning and spoke good English. Will definitely use next t…
Had a great 5 days riding with Ridebase , fantastic trails , friendly staff , very welcoming - definitely going ba…
Excellent Bike rental and guided tours
Quality rental bikes well serviced. I can surely recommend a guided tour together with the guys. They really know t…
- Orotava Valley
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, Danish, Italian, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 5,265 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 1,371 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 2,018 travellers!
Mountain Bike Tours
Frequently Asked Questions about 1/2 day guided roadbike tour
- 1/2 day guided roadbike tour will start at 9:30 AM. Discover and book 1/2 day guided roadbike tour on Tripadvisor
- 1/2 day guided roadbike tour price starts from £65.56. Discover and book 1/2 day guided roadbike tour on Tripadvisor
- 1/2 day guided roadbike tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book 1/2 day guided roadbike tour on Tripadvisor
- 1/2 day guided roadbike tour is hosted by Ride Base. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Ride Base on Tripadvisor. Discover and book 1/2 day guided roadbike tour on Tripadvisor