Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Hike around the iconic Natural Park of Montserrat and enjoy the magnificent views from one of its peaks. Learn about the local animals and Mediterranean vegetation characterizing this unique place. Visit the ancient monastery that has been receiving pilgrims for almost 1000 years. The entire experience will take about six hours.
- You'll start atPasseig de Gràcia, 19Passeig de Gràcia, 19, 08007 Barcelona, SpainIn front of La Bolsa de Barcelona building.See address & details
- 1Abadia de MontserratStop: 6 hoursI will pick you up at 8:30 am and we will head directly to the famous monastery of Montserrat. From a far distance, you will be able to spot the unusual shape of the Montserrat mountain range that was declared a natural park in 1987. We will then embark on our gentle hiking route around the mountain, whilst admiring amazing views. Our circular route will lead us to several hermitages, where monks use to live and retire in the past times. We will also pass by the largely pointed spears and rounded rocks that resemble certain animals and characters with a little bit of imagination. We will also observe the typical Mediterranean vegetation characterized by dense oak tree forest and if we are lucky we will spot the iconic wild goat of Montserrat or a vulture gliding on the ascending hot air while searching for its prey. At the end of our walk, we will visit the famous monastery with “la moreneta”—the black virgin saint—whose appearance at this sacred place resulted in the birth of the monastery. After having spent a fantastic and active morning in Montserrat, we will return to Barcelona.Read more
- You'll end atPasseig de Gràcia, 19Passeig de Gràcia, 19, 08007 Barcelona, SpainIn front of La Bolsa de Barcelona building.See address & details
Passeig de Gràcia, 19, 08007 Barcelona, Spain
Returns to original departure point
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: SM Experiences
ABSOLUTELY BREATH TAKING!!!
If you go to Barcelona, please visit this place!!! Daily there are boy choirs that perform in the monastery at 1pm,…
An amazing experience!
Had an amazing time kayaking and trekking through Costa Brava! Amalia was a fantastic guide - very friendly and inf…
The tour was amazing! Definitely worth it. My tour guide Amelia was also great. She knew a lot about the plantation…
Great Time Had by All
I would highly recommend the Trekking and Hiking tour at Costa Brava! Although our weather was less than perfect t…
Amazing tour guide ‘Amalia’
This half day trip was incredible. Tour guide Amalia shared interesting facts and pointed out points of interest al…
Great way to see Montserrat
I am so glad I found this experience while I was in Barcelona. Stepan was such a great guide and was helpful and kn…
- Duration: 6h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 1,493 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Trekking through the magical Montserrat Mountain
- Trekking through the magical Montserrat Mountain will start at 8:30 AM. Discover and book Trekking through the magical Montserrat Mountain on Tripadvisor
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Trekking through the magical Montserrat Mountain on Tripadvisor
- Trekking through the magical Montserrat Mountain price starts from £65.81. Discover and book Trekking through the magical Montserrat Mountain on Tripadvisor
- Trekking through the magical Montserrat Mountain cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Trekking through the magical Montserrat Mountain on Tripadvisor