• Tour will always be PRIVATE.
• Explore the local neighbourhood of Lavapiés and its history
• See the most important murals and artwork in town
• Learn about the history of graffiti & street art
• Led by a local expert guide
• Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
The walking tour begins in Puerta Cerrada Square and meet your art-enthusiast guide, and take off along the streets that practically pulsate with creative energy.
As you walk and check out some of Lavapiés best murals, listen to your guide talk about the growing art scene and the lifestyles of the urban artists who come from all over Spain or abroad to decorate Madrid. See big murals that cover entire buildings , as well as fun yet simple creations that decorate smaller objects like signs.
From your guide, learn why Lavapies has become such an important place for street art, and hear about how people trade art, including murals, wheatpaste posters, tags and stencils. You'll discover different techniques, subtleties between each artist, and the evolving styles that bring this neighborhood to life. Hear about the quirky personalities of the top artists and how much dough people have shelled out for their finest work.