View all photos (84)
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Set out from Naples on this full-day tour and head straight to Pompeii and the slopes of Mt. Vesuvius. Don’t worry about organizing your own transportation: with round-trip transit by air-conditioned bus from the heart of Naples, it couldn’t be simpler to get around. Skip-the-line access gives you even more time to explore the UNESCO-listed Pompeii, while a winery visit, lunch, and hike to Vesuvius’ crater round out the itinerary.
You'll start at
Piazza Giuseppe Garibaldi, 80142 Napoli NA, ItalyThe meeting point is at Naples Central Train Station, outside the Starhotel Terminus main entrance, at the corner of Piazza Garibaldi and Corso Arnaldo Lucci. With your back to the main entrance of Naples Central Train Station, cross the street to Piazza Garibaldi and you will see the Starhotels Terminus on the far left.
See address & details
- 1Pompeii Archaeological ParkStop: 3 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 2Vesuvius National ParkStop: 6 hours - Admission includedSee details
- Round-trip transit by air-conditioned bus makes it simple to explore
- Skip-the-line access means you’ll beat the crowds at Pompeii
- Visit a local winery, and enjoy six wine samples and a three-course lunch
- A combination drive and hike will whisk you to Vesuvius’ crater
What to Expect
Meet your guide at Naples Central Train Station in the morning, climb aboard a comfortable, air-conditioned bus, and leave the bustle of the city behind. As you go, admire views overlooking the Bay of Naples, and listen to your guide’s stories (audio headsets are included so you don’t miss a word). Your first destination is Pompeii, a once-busy Roman city that was buried in ash when Mt. Vesuvius erupted in 79 AD. Today, this UNESCO World Heritage Site and archaeological landmark includes amazingly well preserved ruins. Skip-the-line access means you’ll head straight in, and will have extra time to see the sights and learn more about Pompeii’s history. Next, climb back on board the bus and continue to Mt. Vesuvius itself, where you’ll visit a local winery. Tour its vineyards and cellars, and learn why volcanic soil is good for grapes. Then, you’ll settle in for six wine samples and a three-course lunch of Neapolitan specialties. After another short drive, it’s only a 20-minute hike to reach Vesuvius’ crater, which you’ll be able to peer into. Capture photos of the panoramic views overlooking Naples and the surrounding countryside, too. Return to the bus and head back to your departure point, where the tour ends.
Naples Centrale, Piazza Giuseppe Garibaldi, 80142 Napoli NA, Italy
- Guided tour of Pompeii in groups no larger than 25 passengers
- English-speaking local guide
- Round-trip transport from Naples in an air-conditioned bus
- Audio headsets so you can always hear your guide
- Wine-tasting with lunch (includes 6 wines and 3-course lunch)
- Entry/Admission - Pompeii Archaeological Park
- Entry/Admission - Vesuvius National Park
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Note: In rare cases of inclement weather or strikes, the crater of Vesuvius may be closed to visitors. If this is the case an alternative visit to the Archeological Museum of Pompeii will be included, or an alternative of equal value. Refunds will not be given.
- From late November to March the Vesuvius isn't accessible and it is replaced with a visit to the city of Naples with free time.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please ensure you inform us in advance of the tour of any special dietary requirements
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
About the operator
By: City Wonders Naples
Excellent Day Trip
We pre-booked this tour for the benefits of visiting two historical sights in one day, the wine tasting and lunch…
Amazing excursion with awesome guide!
My wife and I went fornicate honeymoon and we could not have been more pleased with the excursion. Our guide was…
Grangemouth, United Kingdom309
Great day, especially if you have little time!
This tour is like a 3 in 1. We set off early and did Pompeii with an amazing tour guide Melania who knew so much.…
We had a wonderful time with our Guide Cesare and Nicola. Nicola showed us around Pompeii and took us off the…
New York City, New York10
Our guides were Claudio and Elena and both were absolutely excellent! It was great to skip all the lines as both…
Dunedin, New Zealand41
Pompeii and Sorrento
Great tour with Cesare. Informative and engaging guide with good local knowledge. Only slight problem was that my…
Worth the money; great trip
This is a great tour to go on with a superb lunch at a winery to break ups the day. The tour guide for the overall…
Enjoyed the Tour
The tour within Pompeii was fantastic! Our tour guide in Pompeii was very knowledgeable and she was quite funny.…
Went with a friend, were in our early 30s. There was a wide range of guests and we were a small group of only 15…
Dover, United Kingdom1613
Pompeii, wine tasting and Vesuvius
What a great tour with an informative, entertaining and very knowledgable tour guide (cesare). The trip to Pompeii…
- Duration: 8h 45m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241