View all photos (9)
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Piazza Porta Marina Inferiore, 80045 Pompei NA, Italy
Returns to original departure point
- 3D VR headsets for each person
- Licensed local guide
- Tour guide will speak English & Italian only, headset commentary is available in English, Italian, French, German, Spanish and Russian.
- Skip the line
- Transportation to and from site (convenient and inexpensive trains are available at regular times throughout the day and evening)
- Entrance Fees
- Entry/Admission - Pompeii Archaeological Park
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Small group tours take place from Monday to Friday at 11.30 AM
- Child/Youth rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- The tour guide only speaks English and Italian. Audio commentary in the headsets is available in English, Italian, Spanish, French, German and Russian.
- The use of 3D virtual reality headsets is not recommended for children under 13 (see health & safety warning below). Parents may allow their children between the ages of 9 - 12 to use the 3D headsets at their own discretion. Children under the age of 9 are not permitted to use the headsets
- Wear comfortable shoes - you will be walking over uneven terrain
- Travel light: try to minimize bags, pocketbooks and backpacks as much as possible
- Tours operate rain or shine
- Book a private tour option if you want personalized departure time, custom itinerary and one-on-one experience with your guide
- This tour uses 3D virtual reality headsets (Samsung/Oculus Gear VR). We recommend consulting a doctor before taking this tour if you are pregnant, elderly, have pre-existing binocular vision abnormalities or psychiatric disorders, or suffer from a heart condition or other serious medical condition. Some people (about 1 in 4000) may experience severe dizziness, seizures, epileptic seizures or blackouts while watching TV, playing video games or virtual reality may have severe dizziness, triggered by light flashes or patterns. Such seizures are more common in children and young people under the age of 20. Anyone who has had a seizure, loss of awareness, or other symptoms linked to an epileptic condition should consult a doctor before taking our tour.
- It is recommended by the manufacturer that the headsets provided should not be used by children under the age of 13 (Gear VR). Parents allowing their children to use the headsets do so at their own risk and are fully responsible for the safety, health and well-being of their children. Use of the headsets could negatively impact hand-eye coordination, balance, and multi-tasking ability. Adults should monitor children closely during and after use of the Gear VR for any decrease in these abilities.
- Many users of these headsets (apart from our tours) use them for periods exceeding 30 minutes in length. It should be noted that the content viewed on the headsets during our tours may consist of up to 17 short scenes, each experience lasting only between 2 to 6 minutes with breaks of 5-15 minutes occurring between each use of the headset. Customers are instructed to stand still while viewing the content on the headsets. Walking around with the headsets on is prohibited.
- A comfortable tour experience using our headsets requires an unimpaired sense of motion and balance. Using the headsets when you are tired, need sleep, are under the influence of alcohol or drugs, are hung-over, have digestive problems, are under emotional stress or anxiety, or when suffering from cold, flu, headaches, migraines, or earaches increases your susceptibility to adverse symptoms.
- Listening to sound at high volumes can cause irreparable damage to your hearing. Background noise, as well as continued exposure to high volume levels, can make sounds seem quieter than they actually are. Due to the immersive nature of the headsets used, do not have the sound at a high volume so that you can maintain awareness of your surroundings and reduce the risk of hearing damage.
- Discomfort: Immediately discontinue use of the headset if you experience any of the following symptoms: seizures; loss of awareness; eye strain; eye or muscle twitching; involuntary movements; altered, blurred, or double vision or other visual abnormalities; dizziness; disorientation; impaired balance; impaired hand-eye coordination; excessive sweating; increased salivation; nausea; lightheadedness; discomfort or pain in the head or eyes; drowsiness; fatigue; or any symptoms similar to motion sickness.
- Just as with the symptoms people experience after they disembark a cruise ship, symptoms of virtual reality exposure can persist and become more apparent hours after use. These post-use symptoms can include the symptoms above, as well as excessive drowsiness and decreased ability to multi-task. These symptoms may put you at an increased risk of injury when engaging in normal activities in the real world.
- Radio Frequency Interference: The Gear VR can emit radio waves that can affect the operation of nearby electronics, including cardiac pacemakers. If you have a pacemaker or other implanted medical device, do not use the Gear VR without first consulting your doctor or the manufacturer of your medical device.
- The company shall not be liable for any damage, direct or indirect, suffered by customers or any third parties as a consequence of their failure to follow such guidelines, warnings and recommendations.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Most travellers can participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Nina was a wonderful and friendly guide. We enjoyed her commentary as she is educated in the field and knowledgeable about Pompei. Pompei is a huge site and it is impossible to do even a large portion in 3 hours! 3D VR is a great idea but this digital content needs to catch…
Date of experience: November 2018
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071