This tour is perfect to explore the biggest contemporary art collection in Italy. Your kid-friendly guide Alessandra will engage the whole family with activities such as games, trivia and quizzes. Many contemporary masterpieces will be explained thanks to Alessandra's knowledge and passion, and you will learn interesting facts and find fascinating details about many artists and their work. Thanks to the new refurbishment it's a perfect tour for kids, a journey that combines Greek mythology and the strange and fascinating materials of contemporary art: you'll see the highly impressive statue of Antonio Canova in front of a deep blue sea. You will see world-famous pieces such as Van Gogh's “Gardener” and Portrait of Madame Ginoux, and Klimt's harrowing Three Ages of Woman. Don’t miss this opportunity to discover amazing world-famous pieces and have fun at the same time!
Duration: 2h 30m
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
- Kid-friendly professional guide
- Top rated local guide
- Entry/Admission - Galleria Nazionale d’Arte Moderna E Contemporanea
- Departure details
- Viale delle Belle Arti, 131, 00197 Roma RM, Italy
- Villa Borghese, 00197 Rome, Metropolitan City of Rome Capital, Italy
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 100648P7
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travellers can participate
- The tour is recommended for kids aged 6 and over
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 100648P7
- You'll start atViale delle Belle Arti, 131Viale delle Belle Arti, 131, 00197 Roma RM, ItalySee address & details
- 1Galleria Nazionale d’Arte Moderna E ContemporaneaStop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 2Villa BorgheseStop: 20 minutesSee details
- You'll end atVilla Borghese00197 Rome, Metropolitan City of Rome Capital, ItalySee address & details
About the operator
Rome and Vatican Tours with Alessandra
Rome, Lazio, Italy
Joined in April 2014
#405 of 1,908 Tours & Activities in Rome
- jaffacakes_yum00Five Star Fun!The communication beforehand was excellent, with emails, photos of the meeting point and also text messages to ensure where and when to meet. This made it so easy to find Rossella ,our guide and it was great as we had such a small group of only 11 . We got set up with headsets to ensure we could hear every word and we followed Rossella and her trusty sword in the air. We spent about an hour learning the history and how the Colosseum was built, whilst walking inside the ground floor and moving up to the first level. Rossella was informative and had great information, she made it fun and interesting for the kids and we were not rushed. We then spent a good amount of time walking around the interior level whilst she explained every feature and played quizzes with the kids. We had lots of time for photos and any questions. We then moved to the Forum where she re inacted the story of Romulus and Remus with the children and answered every single question we had. We really learned alot and being such a small group was fantastic. We could then spend time in our own exploring if we wanted to. I would give this tour 5 stars, super guide, plenty of time, fun and small group made it a truly excellent morning. Thank you
- Valerie A00If you have kids, do this Colosseum tour.Our guide was wonderful. He did a great job of engaging both the kids and adults. My 13 year old son loved the tour and there were several younger children in our group that enjoyed it too.
- ShashaOntheRoadAgain00Worth the hike - Beautiful Basilica and Michelangelo's Moses1-26 Church of St Peter in Chains to see Michelangelo’s Moses Although we felt like we climbed a zillion steps to reach it, we were happy to visit the Church of Saint Peter in Chains on the Esquiline Hill, to see Michelangelo’s Moses. The church is stunning, the stonework amazing, and the statue of Moses and its surround are exquisite. So worth the hike. The basilica originally was dedicated to the apostles, but the popularity of the ‘cult of the chains’ that arose after the supposed chains that bound Peter during his captivity in Jerusalem (kept in a casket) were brought to the church.
- Rajski00So much fun!My 11-year-old son has read all of the Percy Jackson books 10x each. But even a kid who just thinks mythology is cool would love this tour. We loved every minute of it. It was a super engaging way to see the museum with children. Donato was our guide, and he was fantastic. I would highly recommend this tour.
- K7727ODwilliams00Made history much more fun to learn aboutThe whole experience was very entertaining. We really liked how she involved the people in her retelling of history by making us characters. Alessandra is a great tour guide and very fun and charismatic.
- SLD7900Colosseum & Roman Forum tourAlex was amazing with the kids and very informative. The kids loved her & she made our experience in Rome & at the Colosseum & Roman Forum very special for the kids.
- KatyNix2200Kids Favorite Tour in RomeThe kids said this was the best tour they have ever been on! And it was defiantly their favorite tour in Rome. 4 adults and 3 kids aged 10-15. They are HUGE Percy Jackson fans and our guide Simona was amazing. She kept them entertained and did a great job of keeping them interested. I would absolutely recommend this tour to anyone that is a Percy Jackson fan!
- tyguy9300Great experienceWe had a wonderful experience. Marcela was very accessible and guided us on the best availability for our itinerary. Tour day Simona was great and the kids experience was a great way to keep the attention of our 7 year old son. He was engaged throughout the tour and excited to collect points.
- margludwig00Sweetest Tour GuideWe recently did a tour of the colosseum with Alessandra. She did such a wonderful job of keeping the kids entertained and engaged, while offering historical details for the parents. She is a wonderful guide, and also such a lifesaver: my husband misplaced a bag and she was able to help me locate it and followed up to ensure that I was able to retrieve it. I highly recommend her!
- Tonisan900Fantastic for young kidsMy family (with one 6 year old) took the tour with Sara as our guide. She was really great with the kids, and kept them busy and entertained. My son is quite outgoing, so he loved the format and interacting with the other kids, but I could see this being a problem for shy kids.
- 735saraw00Exceptional. Highly recommended - not your average tour!Exceptional tour. Can’t recommend enough. I was travelling on my own and not a typical tour group type’ but wanted to experience Rome from a local, with insider knowledge and stories to bring this ancient city to life. The tour was expensive for only one person (as most travelling tends to be) but worth every penny. Luciano was my tour guide, bright, friendly and enthusiastic. We skipped all the queues and I felt like I was the only one discovering the secrets of Rome. Luciano’s passion and enthusiasm for history was infectious. Quick on the dates and facts and entertaining in explanation this was a tour like none other. Once in a lifetime stuff. I was so grateful for my personal discovery tour, with room for individual requests - even an extra hand to help carry a few shopping bags (though I don’t want to promise this for future tours - do take a satchel with you as there are opportunities along the way to purchase a few souvenirs). I am fit and independent but found the walk from the Pantheon to Vatican (pre- post- lunch stops) quite a walk especially if you’re not familiar with the city layout. So do take your tour guide’s suggestion to enjoy a nice lunch and bite the €10- taxi ride to save your time and feet. Finishing up in St Pedros Square as dusk defends and lights turn on is the perfect finish to a beautiful day. I had a small issue to resolve following the tour and found Alessandro to be prompt, professional and excellent in her reply. Very satisfied customer. Highly recommended for a magical day in this beautiful city. I guarantee even if you not one for history you will walk away learning a lot with stories to relay to others, and a deeper appreciation for this tremendous city.
- Taramaepeter00Excellent TourThe kids had so much fun. My niece (9 years old) and nephew (6 years old) we're completely engaged through 3 hours of Alessandra's stories, games, and scavenger hunt. She was able to explain complex historical details in a way that children can understand. She was very patient and answered all of the adults and children's questions. Such a fun tour for both kids and adults alike. My nephew wanted her to be our tour guide for the rest of our vacation in Italy!!
- soopercoop100Great Family TourOur guide Marco was excellent with the kids. He was patient, engaging, and full of interesting facts. The tour of the Colosseum took up most of the time allotted for our tour and included a stop at the gift store before exiting to continue to the Roman Forum. By that time most of us were tired but he managed to keep the kids engaged while walking through it. The tour ended there and we could leave or continue to wander the forum. We were very happy and satisfied and recommend this tour. My daughter is 10yo and was able to write a short essay for school from memory about what she learned.
- simplyshida00Amazing tour!This tour was one of the highlights of our Rome trip. Alessandro was so knowledgeable and great with my three kids. Highly recommended. We had a blast!
- Dunganista00Amazing tour for kidsThis tour was the absolute highlight of our trip to Rome for all of us, but especially for my 2 girls (aged 9 and 7). Alex was absolutely brilliant with the kids. She is so fun and engaging - she brings everything to life for young minds. I think this is an experience they will remember for the rest of their lives. I cannot recommend it highly enough!