Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Trastevere is one of the best known neighborhoods in Rome, for the wide choice of typical "trattorie", cosy wine bars, traditional food markets. It's a charming net of cobbled streets where art treasures merge with mouth-watering flavors. This private guided tour will take you across these wonders, starting from the Tevere crossing close to the Isola Tiberina, one of the best known landmarks of ancient Republican Rome; then, you will be delighted by the astonishing mosaic of the church of Santa Maria, most likely the oldest in Rome. During the tour you will have the chance to stop and enjoy local delicacies, winking from shop windows: some handmade biscuits, a traditional fried snack, local cold cuts and a couple of glasses of good wine.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- Pass byIsola Tiberina
- 1Santa Maria in TrastevereStop: 15 minutesThis church , according to the tradition, was founded by Pope Callisto I in the 3rd century and later enlarged between the 8th and 9th centuries. The current layout was designed and achieved in the 12th century, also using buildings materials recovered by Caracalla baths. The interiors feature an impressive mosaic apse, showing Holy Mary and Jesus Christ sitting on the same throne.Read more
- Private transportation
- Exclusive tastings of typical street food: handmade biscuits, traditional "supplì" (a fried rice ball), and a sandwich with "porchetta" (roasted pork flavored with herbs)
- Qualified private guide
- A tasting of two varieties of local wine, matched with cold cuts, cheese and olives
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
- Duration: 4h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: language_english_ffffe66c, language_french_ffffe66c, language_german_ffffe66c, language_italian_ffffe66c, language_spanish_ffffe66c
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Popular: Booked by 220,144 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 4,939 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 37,028 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 31,254 travellers!