View all photos (189)
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Italian cuisine is so strongly regional that every city and town has its own unique specialties—and there’s no better way to discover Venice’s food and wine than under the eye of a local foodie. On this Venice food tour, sample several specialties, including wine, seafood, gelato, and “cicchetti” (Venetian tapas), as you learn about the city’s culinary culture.
You'll start at
Campo San Giacomo di Rialto
Campo S. Giacomo di Rialto, 30125 Venezia VE, ItalyMeet your guide by the fountain in front of the Chiesa San Giacomo di Rialto (Rialto San Giacomo church), behind the famous Rialto bridge. The exact address is Campo S. Giacomo di Rialto, 1. Your guide will be holding a sign reading "Savor Italy Tours".
See address & details
- 1Mercati di RialtoStop: 3 hours -There are 8 stops on this tour with plenty of food to make sure you do not need breakfast nor dinner. You will start your day with some coffee, like the Italians do. Venice has a tradition that goes a long way back in time in making tasty pastries, and you will get to try some of the heavenly delicious pastries that the Venetian has to offer. After your sweet tooth has been satisfied, stroll through some wine bars and savor typical Venetian drinks accompanied by the famous cicchetti. Try 5-6 different types of fish and learn how each dish is created. Even Venice is known for seafood dishes, there are some delicious local cured meat that you have to try too! Then go to the backstreet, visit the oldest bar, find out where the famous lover in history used to frequent and of course try their signature dish. After that, crawl your way to get some traditional Venetian cookies and learn why they are so good, and the tour will end with some authentic gelato! During this gelato stop, the guide will explain how to identify good quality gelato shops even in a middle of a touristy place. The wonderful food provided on the the tour are all in season to make sure all of our clients try the freshest recipes. (On Tuesday morning, and Saturday afternoon tour, or on a special holiday there is a possibility that there would be no risotto, but we will replace it with another local favourite or dish of the day!)Read more
You'll end at
Sestiere San Polo, 30125 Venezia VE, ItalyThe tour ends near the Rialto Bridge
See address & details
- Discover the food and wine of Venice on a walking tour with a local foodie
- Taste regional specialties on several separate stops
- Get personal attention from your guide in a small group
- Choose between morning and afternoon departures to suit your schedule
What to Expect
Join your guide and small group near the Rialto Bridge and set off through the streets on foot. Start the tour with some coffee and typical Venetian pastries, before strolling through some wine bars and trying traditional Venetian drinks alongside “cicchetti” (Venetian tapas). Sample local specialties that may include polenta, cured meat, cookies, gelato, and multiple types of fish as you learn the stories behind the bars and restaurants you’re visiting. Learn about Venice’s foodie history as you sample signature dishes at historic establishments, and discover how to spot good-quality gelato from a distance. Your tour finishes close to where you began.
Campo San Giacomo di Rialto, Campo S. Giacomo di Rialto, 30125 Venezia VE, Italy
Rialto Bridge, Sestiere San Polo, 30125 Venezia VE, Italy
- Local guide
- Wine tasting
- Local taxes
- Food tasting
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Any foods and drinks not included in the tour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of 15 people per tour
- In case the day of your tour falls on a holiday or a day where lots of some restaurants are closed, we will still make sure that you will have the same amount of food if not more food than usual,with wine and always with the minimum of 6 stops
- All bookings are automatically confirmed unless received within 48 hours, then the booking will be subjected to availability. We will offer an alternative date or time if there is no availability at the time that the customers choose.
- The customers should show up at least 6 minutes prior to the starting time on the voucher to make sure they are at the correct meeting point and report to the tour coordinator or guide that day before the starting time of the tour on the voucher. It is the responsibility of the customers to try to reach us by phone or send us an email in case the guide could not be located BEFORE the starting time of the tour. In case your phone does not work, there are many shops, and restaurants around the departure point that will let customers make a phone call for free or one Euro. Failure to contact us PRIOR TO the starting time of the tour in case you need help with direction or will be arriving late and joining the tour later, and late arrivals will be considered " no show". Our restaurants and stops are very famous so we have to start strictly on time, so it is very important that you are at the meeting point at least 5 minutes before the departure time and call us if you could not located our guide or tour coordinator.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
We decided to do this tour on the third day of our four day trip to Venice... the only regret we have is that we didn't do it at the start! Anna was fantastic, really friendly and knowledgeable … she took us to some real hidden gems, if only we had time to visit them all again!…
A great 3 hours spent with Anna who could not have been nicer , it was like walking around with a friend who knew all the best places to take you . A real taste of Venice in great company , what more could you ask for Go for it
Date of experience: August 2020
Second activity in Venice me and my daughter are on holiday and Anna helped us get introduced with the food and culture of Venice. Anna recommended different restaurants and foods and said where to avoid to get an authentic experience. My daughter can be quite fussy when it…
Date of experience: August 2020
Anna T was a sensational host and tour guide. She took us to hidden gems all over Venice and tailored the tour to suit our needs. It was the best tour of our European holiday. Highly recommend when global travel is back up and running. Thank you Anna!
Date of experience: December 2019
The selection of foods was great and Anna kept the three of us on the tour well fed and with great drink. It was well worth the money and lots of interesting things learnt about both food and places. Thanks to Chris as well from Tennessee. It was nice not to be the only ones.
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Savor Italy Tours
Wow, The Morning Venice Coffee, desserts tour was Awesome!
Our tour guide Holly was amazing! She was very knowledgeable about where the locals go, the food and was very consi…
Our guide Holly was friendly, informative and sorted out our dietary needs efficiently. We visited 7 family run ost…
Wine and chicetti tasting tour
Our guide Holly was knowledge, friendly and very attentive and accommodating to our groups different requirements (…
So much fun
I read great reviews about this tour and we were not disappointed! It was an amazing experience getting to check ou…
Wonderful guide - good food and wine - had prosecco - limoncello - bellini - red wines of the area. Our tour guide…
Eat, drink, repeat: Wine tasting tour in Venice
Excellent tour. Great value for money. Holley (tour guide) was exceptional. Food was enough for dinner. Not to be m…
A must do!
It was an amazing activity to do to get to know Venice along with the local food and wine places. Holly knew how to…
Eat, Drink Repeat
This was a last minute booking for us and was handled perfectly by the company. Holly was the most knowledgeable gu…
Eat drink repeat
Brilliant tour with fantastic tour guide. Couldn't recommend this enough to people! Worth every penny
WOW! What an experience
Look no further. This was an excellent way to see Venice through the eyes of the locals. We are just blown away and…
A great guide to local foods
I booked two food tours through the same company, and both were amazing. I only went to one place on both tours. We…
Interesting introduction to Venice Rialto district and some of it culinary specialties
The idea is good: mixing in one tour food, wine and culture, but what we did was not a wine tasting tour at all! Mo…
Best way to find authentic food
Our guide was great and it was the best way to find authentic food in Venice. Most restaurants are not run by local…
Must do to find hidden gems!
I took my mom to this tour and it was AMAZING. We were only 6 people nice and fun group. Our host Holy, she is awes…
Great guide to venice
Booked this trip for my partner and I as part of our trip to Venice. We were met at the square by Holly and introdu…
- Duration: 150–210 minutes
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Popular: Booked by 357 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 1,262 travellers!
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 58,025 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 4,203 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 14,142 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Eat Like a Local: 3-hour Venice Small-Group Food Tasting Walking Tour
Which attractions will I visit with Eat Like a Local: 3-hour Venice Small-Group Food Tasting Walking Tour?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Eat Like a Local: 3-hour Venice Small-Group Food Tasting Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
How much is Eat Like a Local: 3-hour Venice Small-Group Food Tasting Walking Tour?
Eat Like a Local: 3-hour Venice Small-Group Food Tasting Walking Tour price starts from US$96.11. Discover and book Eat Like a Local: 3-hour Venice Small-Group Food Tasting Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Eat Like a Local: 3-hour Venice Small-Group Food Tasting Walking Tour cancellation policy?
Eat Like a Local: 3-hour Venice Small-Group Food Tasting Walking Tour cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Eat Like a Local: 3-hour Venice Small-Group Food Tasting Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Eat Like a Local: 3-hour Venice Small-Group Food Tasting Walking Tour?
Eat Like a Local: 3-hour Venice Small-Group Food Tasting Walking Tour is hosted by Savor Italy Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Savor Italy Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Eat Like a Local: 3-hour Venice Small-Group Food Tasting Walking Tour on Tripadvisor