Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
· Meeting point Rifugio Sapienza on Etna South · The ascent is by cable car and jeep up to 2900 mt (Torre del Filosofo) · From Torre del Filosofo will start the ascent by walk to reach summit craters (3300 mt) where you can observe some depression areas then downhill througt big sandy channeles. Trekking last about 2/ 3 hours · Along the way you will visit cinder cones of 2002 · Then visit of the large horseshoe-shaped caldera Valle del Bove (Valley of the Ox) · Return by cable car (2550 m) up to Rifugio Sapienza Please note: Due to volcano activity from South-East New Crater of Etna, the maximum altitude reached 2750 / 2900 metres, according to the indications of the competent authorities (INGV, Civil Protection Italy, Prefecture of Catania). Warning: Excursion aimed at expert hikers, accustomed to several hours of walking on sandy, rough terrain, sometimes irregular and steep stretches.
- You'll start atRifugio SapienzaPiazzale Rifugio Sapienza, 95030 Nicolosi CT, ItalyMeeting point BAITA WALTER group of alpine and volcanological guides shelter on Etna south- Piazzale Rifugio Sapienza - 95030 Nicolosi CT.See address & details
- 1Mount EtnaStop: 6 hours - Admission includedThe summit area of the Etna volcano is characterized by the presence of 5 distinct craters. This experience will give you the opportunity to get to the top of Europe's highest volcano, enjoy a unique landscape and feel the breath of the "Muntagna" Etna.Read more
- You'll end atRifugio SapienzaPiazzale Rifugio Sapienza, 95030 Nicolosi CT, ItalyMeeting point BAITA WALTER group of alpine and volcanological guides shelter on Etna south- Piazzale Rifugio Sapienza - 95030 Nicolosi CT.See address & details
Piazzale Rifugio Sapienza, 95030 Nicolosi CT, Italy
Returns to original departure point
- Trekking sticks, Helmets, Trekking shoes (on request), Warm Jackets (on request), Socks (on request), Backpack (on request)
- Entry/Admission - Mount Etna
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
My group and I were looking forward to hike up mt Etna, but when we were trying to reschedule our tour dates with ample advanced notice they refused to send us a guide and provide the service! When we asked for a refund that was also refused! We have just been scammed by this…
Date of experience: October 2020
1 Helpful vote
Response from Excursions E, Manager at Etna Summit Craters 3300mt
Responded 23 Oct 2020
Dear Customer, just to remind you have required to cancel the tour. When you found out there was not any refund , you required to do the tour again, which was already cancelled by you. You did not receive any service since it was your decision to cancel the tour.
Very good tour with most exciting attractions of Etna. Samuela, the guide was perfect, lot of konowledge about etna. We reccomend this company for everyone.
Date of experience: January 2020
We had a great experience to visit Etna! Our tour guide did a solid job, the volcano activity was particularly strong on the day we went which was awesome. During the hike I got a few bruises and our guide was able to help me with a disinfectant and a bandade which I highly…
Date of experience: September 2019
1 Helpful vote
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Excursions Etna
Etna 2900 crater excursion
We had a great visit to Mount Etna through Etna Excursions. Unfortunately Etna was very active on our visit so it …
Our guide Giovanni was really nice and friendly, and extremely knowledgeable about the volcano (he had a geology de…
Booked a day in advance and they were were swift to arrange all reply and arrange all details. Our guide (unfortuna…
The day of the trip was excellent - the weather the temperature even the wind- our guide - Luigi - was on time wait…
We had booked the summit tour. Due to bad weather, we could not go to the top of the vulcano and were given the sho…
Ask for Ludovico
It was well worth it to have Ludovico drive us to Mt. Etna and show us several interesting sites along the way. He …
Sabbia Lavica tour of Etna
Great tour of Etna by geologist & volcanologist Nunzio Ferrara . Dalila was a great translator, and the whole trip …
Bad customer service, do not book this tour!
My friends and I booked the Etna Wine Tour. The night before the tour, I got food poisoning could not participate i…
This your was 8 hours and the best tour ever. We had a wonderful guide private tour. She was from Catania and knew …
Etna, lava cave and lunch at a winery!
Great tour of Etna and a lava cave ( we only got to walk into the opening of the cave) Had a wonderful lunch at the…
Fantastic 8 hour tour
Our guide Marilena picked us up at our hotel and took us up to Sileni craters at 2,000 meters and patiently explain…
The car took us about half way and stop for coffee with the view looking amazing and the power of nature! You can a…
A must do experience!
We had a great morning tour with Luigi our guide. Experienced, very good English, lots of knowledge about the histo…
Fabulous Mt Edna!
We visited Mt. Edna with Samuela, our tour guide. She picked us up at our hotel right on time and took us to Mt. E…
‘Etna and Taormina’ Tour with Antonio Scaramelli
We had a great day with Antonio, even though the weather forecast was rain and fog. He was nice enough to pick us u…
- Duration: 5–6 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, French, Italian
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 742 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 1,868 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Etna Summit Craters 3300mt
- Etna Summit Craters 3300mt will start at 9:00 AM. Discover and book Etna Summit Craters 3300mt on Tripadvisor
- Etna Summit Craters 3300mt price starts from £126.80. Discover and book Etna Summit Craters 3300mt on Tripadvisor
- Etna Summit Craters 3300mt cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Etna Summit Craters 3300mt on Tripadvisor
- Etna Summit Craters 3300mt is hosted by Excursions Etna. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Excursions Etna on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Etna Summit Craters 3300mt on Tripadvisor