Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
This activity is unique in that it is extremely accessible to all family members from children to elders. In a short time they learn many particulars about the Island and forge strong ties with both our fellow horses and our horses. From the point of view of the route you will enjoy splendid illustrated landscapes of history and tradition that our guides convey for a better understanding of the humanized landscapes of the island.
R. do Emigrante 39, 9700 S. Bartolomeu de Regatos, Portugal
Returns to original departure point
- We offer all the equipment for our horses and also the protective helmet, gaiters (limited to some sizes).
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Basalto Horse Experience
My girlfriend and I enjoyed the volcano and gardens ride. The staff was excellent. They knew the island well. The h…
Great trip Terceira
9th of August on a trip with my 11 Years old daughter. At Home she rides every week. The stables look great, the ho…
Monica is the best.
Monica and her partner walked the 3 hour ride to walk my children's horses. My daughter was bummed about that but s…
It was a perfect horse riding trip with excellent trained horses and super friendly guides. Even for me as not well…
My girlfriend and I went on a 3 hour ride with our guide Danielle and we had a great morning! Danielle and Monica (…
Beautiful, a MUST do on Terceira!
Monica was a wonderful tour guide and host. Her horses are healthy and happy and we were so lucky to be able to tak…
Amazing journey from a new perspective
An incredible experience through the Azorean landscape, in the companionship of a beautiful horse. Monica was a mar…
Wonderful experience- recommend it!
We had a 2 hour ride up into the island. Mónica was super from start to finish- during the booking process and the …
What an amazing day
What an amazing day. Monica is such an awesome guide and host. The horses where beautiful and well loved. We did a …
The best trail ride ever!
Out of countless of trails rides, This was the best trail ride I have ever been on! Monica was fantastic and create…
I had an amazing day last july at Terceira, when I did a full day horsebackriding with Monica. Unexpectedly (for me…
My daughter (12) and I had a wonderful experience. Not only are the horses in great shape thanks to the loving and …
Best vacation horse riding experience I have ever had
I got extremely lucky to find this amazing place! I have ridden horses my entire life and I always enjoy going on v…
We loved our experience with Monica. We are not experienced horse people and the two hour ride was perfect. The day…
I cannot say enough about Monica and her horses!
A 3 hour tour on horse back was our first expedition on Terceira and it was one we will never forget. We contacte…
- Duration: 1h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, French, Portuguese, Swedish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Nature and Wildlife
Popular: Booked by 286 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Horseback riding on the volcano - 1h duration
- Horseback riding on the volcano - 1h duration price starts from £31.73. Discover and book Horseback riding on the volcano - 1h duration on Tripadvisor
- Horseback riding on the volcano - 1h duration cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Horseback riding on the volcano - 1h duration on Tripadvisor
- Horseback riding on the volcano - 1h duration is hosted by Basalto Horse Experience. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Basalto Horse Experience on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Horseback riding on the volcano - 1h duration on Tripadvisor
- On average, this experience will take approximately 1h. Discover and book Horseback riding on the volcano - 1h duration on Tripadvisor