What You'll Do
Join a like-minded Local Host who will take you on a culinary adventure through Lisbon's most historic neighbourhoods, Alfama and Mouraria, and stroll up the winding cobbled streets and down tiny alleyways where incredible food and drinks are just waiting to be tasted!
Visit a local tasca, or tavern, which has been a family business for generations, and where you can sample the dish that's been served up that day - we can't tell you exactly what it will be, but it's guaranteed to be a traditional, authentic dish that's made to a generations old recipe!
Stroll through these neighbourhoods, soaking up the inspiring mix of cultures and cuisines that you'll find here, and stop by a restaurant that's a hidden away local favourite. Here, you can cool off with a cold beer or a glass or sangria, and sample plates of regional cheeses and cured meats, grilled octopus or prawns and the much loved sardine.
As well as this, your Local Host will take you to the best spots to try pastel de bacalhau, a codfish cake, bifana, a delicious pork sandwich and of course, no food experience in Lisbon would be complete without trying the iconic Pastéis de Nata!
End your experience in a petiscos bar, where you can enjoy a glass of Porto wine or ginjinha, a local sour cherry liqueur, a local beer, sangria or soft drink and along with a few small dishes of nibbles.
What To Expect
* Join a Local Host and discover Lisbon's food culture and taste 8 of the regions best dishes and 2 drinks
* Explore the historic neighbourhoods of Mouraria and Alfama, where global influences meet traditional dishes
* Sample 8 dishes, including the iconic pastel de nata, bifana pork sandwich, regional cheese and cured meats, pastel de bacalhau and the traditional dish of the day at a “tasca”
* Enjoy two drinks, such as a glass of Porto wine in a local “garrafeira”, sangria, a regional beer or a glass of ginjinha, a local Portuguese liqueur
* Stroll through these areas and stop at the best tascas, bakeries, shops and cafes to sample each specialty
* Relax with a drink and petiscos, small plates of nibbles at a hilltop bar with great views over the city