bitemojo is a self guided experience, completely flexible and at your own time and pace with the people you love.
To learn about how bitemojo work please watch the tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcqWSPhrx7k&t=3s
About The Tour
"The value of things is not the time they last, but the intensity with which they occur. That is why there are unforgettable moments and unique people!"
With these words of Fernando Pessoa, one of Portugal's most beloved poets, we welcome you to Lisbon! Pessoa is uniquely tied to Lisbon and we hope that you will come to learn more about him throughout the tour. Portugal is one of the oldest countries in Europe, and its beautiful capital of Lisbon is thousands of years in the making.
The city is enveloped by the immense Tagus River, and its tempo has been set to the rhythm of the river for tens of generations. Water, both the ocean and the river, has shaped the city and its people, and inspired the Portuguese to explore far beyond their borders. Those who set off during the Age of Discovery shaped the way the world eats, trading chilies to Asia and potatoes to Europe and ushering in the beginnings of what we now call globalization.
The influence of the far flung cultures they explored can be felt throughout the city; in its customs, traditions, and most of all its food. Walk the cobblestone paths, breathe in the history, and taste the extraordinary cuisine for this, after all, is Lisbon!
The Bites Included In The Tour
• A cup of soup and a slice of pie (meat or vegetarian) at Loja Herdade do Freixo do Meio
• Small plate of fried and marinated mackerel fish at Casa CID
• White Port Wine & Pastel de Bacalhau, aka Cod fish fritter at Fado & Wine
• Sardine Tempura & Horse Mackerel Pâté at Loja das Conservas - Restaurante
• Traditional Ovo Mole pastry plus another convent pastry of your choice at Casa dos Ovos Moles em Lisboa
• Custard tart, sour cherry liqueur, and coffee at Pastelaria Batalha
• Mondays to Saturdays from 11 AM to 7 PM (bite #4 is not available on Tuesdays)
• Sundays - The tour is not available
* You can start the tour whenever you want and stop it in the middle, you can continue on another day as long as you take it within the availability hours and days. It is recommended to start this tour no later than 12am.
Starting Point: Mercado Da Ribeira, Avenida 24 de Julho, Lisbon, Portugal
Ending Point: Pastelaria Batalha - Lisboa, Praça Luís de Camões, Lisbon, Portugal