View all photos (8)
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Enjoy a beautiful and pleasant tour alongside Madeira’s North West Coast, deep in to the forest, thru forgotten and enchanted old roads. Travel along narrow and forgotten stone plastered roads and soak up the scenery. Get a glimpse into the true lifeblood which drives us through life. If the weather allows it, you can swim neary 30 minutes at the vulcanic pools. This 4x4 excursion starts at 8h20 at the Cruise dock, Funchal center 8h30am, other areas you will receive a message or please contact us to know the correct pick up timming.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Porto Moniz Natural Swimming PoolsStop: 60 minutes -See details
- 2Cabo GiraoStop: 10 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 3Serra de AguaStop: 5 minutes -See details
- 4Pico Ruivo do Paul da SerraStop: 5 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 5Ribeira da JanelaStop: 5 minutes -See details
- 6Sao VicenteStop: 5 minutes -See details
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Pico Ruivo do Paul da Serra
- pick up at the cruise dock extra fee - €5.00 per person
- pick up in this areas extra fee - €5.00 p/p - Santo da Serra, Machico, Santa Cruz, Camacha, Jardim da Serra, Ponta do Sol, Calheta
- pick up in this areas extra fee - €10.00 p/p - Caniçal, Porto da Cruz, Santana, Ponta Delgada, Porto Moniz, Ponta do Pargo, Prazeres
- Entry/Admission - Cabo Girao
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
My wife and my 8 year old son did the 4x4 tour with our guide Diego for the day. Diego was an amazing guide and extremely knowledgeable of the beautiful island. Diego was so good with our son and really took the time to listen and answer all the questions the group had…
Date of experience: July 2019
Thanks Juan for that incredible experience!!!! It was breathtaking, you can your best so that that we spent a memorable day.. thanks thanks a lot! Greetings from the 3 Swiss passengers Lorie Janina and Emmanuelle
Date of experience: May 2019
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Green Devil Safari
Fabulous day of Adventure!, a must!
Our driver and guide “Juan” was fabulous, great knowledge of this beautiful island, along with amazing driving skil…
Amazing guide and fun 4x4 off-road exploring
Been on a handful of day trips while in Madeira but the guide for this tour was by far the best. Unfortunately I ca…
Wildest way to see the island
Our guide Spencer was fantastic & wasn't afraid to give into the wilderness of the island! We made regular stops in…
Had so much fun! Suits both teens and adults perfectly. Had no idea Juans car could drive on theese insane roads. B…
Great road trip
Enthusiastic guide, on time, made our first full day in Madeira so wonderful. Would highly recommend this to anyone…
Had a really enjoyable day with Juan. He was an excellent guide and told us loads about the island and its crops an…
Had an amazing time with green devil tours, Spencer (our guide) picked us up and showed us all around the north of …
Good swimming even in February! Bit chilly but well worth the visit, only €1:50 for changing cubicles, lockers and …
Porto Moniz adventure
The guide had a encyclopedic knowledge of all the places we visited and he spoke perfect English and was fluent in …
The BEST day!
From the moment Val arrived to puck us up we knew we were going to have a fab day. Friendly, knowledgeable and will…
An unforgetfull day!
This was a well organized relaxed day trip, with gorgeous views. The guide spoke Portuguese, English and German. Th…
Very good way to see the Mountains and North West coast
Did this today as a day trip from Funchal. Reliable and knowledgeable driver. Lots of variety of landscapes includi…
Great day! Great views! Great guide!
We really had a great day, from hotel pick-up to drop-off. Our guide Nuno was pleasant, helpful, knowledgeable. You…
great day tour
went on the east island off road tour. Nuno was our excellent and attentive guide, very knowledgeable and fun. took…
We made a full days tour with a very nice driver / guide in a 4wheel drive van. Enjoyed the amazing environment and…
- Duration: 5–7 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, Portuguese, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241