Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Low Price Guarantee
Our day starts with a pick up at your accommodation in Porto (or other locations) at 8:30 am. During the day, you will have the wonderful opportunity to savor several Douro DOC and Port wines with commented tastings, a 50-minute boat ride at the small village of Pinhão, and a three-course meal with wines. It's now time to stop at the famous Pinhão railway station and enjoy some breathtaking landscapes. Relax: the time is all yours! Have an innovative perspective of this region’s history, culture, and gastronomy, while strolling through the vineyards where the finest wines from the “Quintas” (Wine Estates) are produced. A memorable experience! Have some time to admire the viewpoints and take group pictures – the Douro Region is truly overwhelming! At the end of this adventurous day, rest on a gentle drive to Porto, where we will drop you off comfortably at your accommodation at around 7:30 pm.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1The Douro ValleyStop: 6 hours - Admission includedThis private tour offers some of the best experiences in Douro Valley. We pick you up in Porto or other locations around 8:30 am and drop you off around 7:30 pm. This day trip includes several Douro DOC and Port wine tastings, a boat ride at the small village of Pinhão and a three-course meal with wines at one of the best restaurants in Douro Valley. We will stop at the famous Pinhão railway station and enjoy some breathtaking landscapes all over the day. Have an innovative perspective of our region’s history, culture, and gastronomy, while strolling through the vineyards where the finest wines from the “Quintas” (Wine Estates) are produced.Read more
- 3-course meal and beverages. Wine included.
- Port & Douro DOC Wine tastings
- Douro river cruise (50 minutes)
- Pick up & drop off at your accomodation
- Visit to the Pinhão railway station
- Specialized tour guide
- Entry/Admission - The Douro Valley
- Personal expenses.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Our day trip with Tourvent was the high point of our visit to Porto. Susan, our tour guide, has a fantastic depth and breadth of knowledge about her country, its history and people, and especially the Douro Valley wine regions. Susan kept up an entertaining and informative…
Date of experience: September 2020
Everything was spot on, from the timely departure, the informative guide Alfredo to the first time showing the valley. Don't hesitate, book this tour and be amazed by wineries in monarchies, young winemakers and big winehouses that will walk the extra mile because they…
Date of experience: August 2020
We are just back from an amazing day thanks to Alfredo. He put together a perfect tour of three vineyards and lunch of the Douro valley. Pick up in Mercedes, great chat on the way there about wines and then the first tour and tasting which set the bench mark for personalized and…
Thank you Alfredo for organizing a wonderful day for us in Douro Valley. High quality stopovers, very friendly people everywhere.
I found Alfredo’s tour company by chance through a trip advisor review, and I am so happy that I did. The tour was absolutely incredible, we tasted amazing wines from different farms in the valley and ate authentic Portuguese food. The tour was not just about driving around…
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Tourvent - Travel and Events
A day to remember - A must do!
It was an incredible and perfectly organized experience. Alfredo (our guide) picked us up at our place at 8:30 am …
We love wine
Knowledge and friendliness mixed with professionalism made that saturday...a perfect day. Thank you Alfredo!
Amazing day of wine tasting
Worth every cent of it! I would like to thank Alfredo for this day we spent with friends in the valley of Douro, fo…
A Must - Best Tour Ever
I had organised this wine tasting for my friends without too much expectation. But Alfredo was just incredible. Ver…
Fantastic Tour and guide (Alfredo)
Can’t say enough positive things about the tour and our guide, Alfredo! We were picked up at the hotel, visited se…
Best Tour Ever
Tourvent (aka Alfredo) took us on a day trip to the Douro Valley wine country from our hotel in Porto. The whole e…
A fabulous day
It was with trepidation we booked a day-long tour of the Douro Valley. Sitting in your living room thousands of mil…
Tourvent Private Day Trip Duoro Valley
We visited Porto in October from the UK and ahead of time booked this day trip with Alfredo to the Duoro Valley. Al…
Private Porto City Tour - Julia Salgado
We had an amazing full day private Porto City tour with Julia. It was a great way to learn the about and see the ci…
Full day visit to Porto, with Julia. Fantastic !
We were guided, even accompanied as friends, by Julia. An unforgettable experience. As a couple of engineers our in…
Awesome family friendly wine tour
My husband and I were reluctant to take our young kids on a wine tour with us. Alfredo made this very possible! We …
alfredo let me handpick our itinerary, but also brought us to his favorites- a real treat! i felt completely at eas…
Highly Recommended Tour
Easy to organise and we visited three very different vineyards, all with lovely wines and ports to sample. Beautifu…
10/10 Tour would recommend!
My friend and I did a private wine tour back in June 2018 with Alfredo, he went above and beyond to show us the reg…
Douro valley private wine tour
My husband and I took an amazing private wine tour with Alfredo. We stopped at 5 different wineries and also had a …
- Duration: 7–9 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 1,652 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 154 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 10,951 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 4,495 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 1,332 travellers!
from £70.83* £83.33
Popular: Booked by 3,825 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Private Wine Tour in Douro Valley - Private wine tastings and lunch included
- Private Wine Tour in Douro Valley - Private wine tastings and lunch included will start at 8:30 AM. Discover and book Private Wine Tour in Douro Valley - Private wine tastings and lunch included on Tripadvisor
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Private Wine Tour in Douro Valley - Private wine tastings and lunch included on Tripadvisor
- Private Wine Tour in Douro Valley - Private wine tastings and lunch included price starts from £168.38. Discover and book Private Wine Tour in Douro Valley - Private wine tastings and lunch included on Tripadvisor
- Private Wine Tour in Douro Valley - Private wine tastings and lunch included cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Wine Tour in Douro Valley - Private wine tastings and lunch included on Tripadvisor