This product is unavailable to book via Tripadvisor. Contact the supplier for availability.
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Uncover the history of the battle of Marathon, the most important of the ancient years on this private, full-day tour from Athens! Enjoy a magnificent tour to Marathon and visit the birthplace of the Marathon Race and the Marathon Dam, the only marble dam in the world! Your first stop is Lake Marathon, of immense natural beauty. You can have a coffee or a snack at the cafe (own expense) and stroll leisurely toward Marathon Dam the world’s only marble dam. Second stop the Museum which houses findings from the Battle of Marathon and the Egyptian temple. Then visit the tomb of Plateis who fought with the Athenians at the historic battle. Third stop the Tomb of the Athenians, the burial mound which is the final resting place of 192 soldiers who died in the Battle of Marathon. Final stop lunch at a Greek tavern, with traditional delicacies. Note that the driver/guide cannot escort you inside inside the Museum and the Archaeological Site. You can book extra a licensed guide if you want.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Marathon LakeStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 2Archaeological Museum of MarathonStop: 60 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 3Marathon TombStop: 45 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 4MarathonStop: 2 hours - Admission excludedSee details
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Eat like a local at a traditional Greek tavern.
- Professional English speaking driver
- Coffee or beverages at the lake
- Entrance fees
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Licensed Guide
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Museum of Marathon
- Entry/Admission - Marathon Tomb
- Entry/Admission - Marathon
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Private Tours Athens
My tour of choice
Interactive, guide is very knowledgable, easy conversation, great company! Learnt more about the city, country and …
Authentic Greek Hospitality
This was Greek hospitality at it's best! If I could choose again, this tour would be the only tour I would spend mo…
This tour was a wonderful way to begin our vacation- great intro to the city, it’s history and it’s delicious food.…
Enjoy the food tour
I joined this food tour and I had a really nice time! Konstantinos was an excellent host and guide, very kind!
True Athenian stroll
We had a blast! I highly recommend this tour to everyone who whats to explore real Athenian tastes and see all the …
Excellent Food Tour. Food was amazing and drinks were awesome. This delicious walk through Athens’ historic center …
A not to be missed experience!
it was a very authentic tour in Athens food places. Excellent experience for Athens visitors. I definitely recommen…
Athens Food Hopping Tour
Vicky was amazing and the food was beyond what me and my wife expected. We walked through several neighborhoods and…
Amazing food tour 🙂
This was the best food tour we had! Much better than we could have imagined. We had a great guide vicky and she gav…
Private tour Athens
Our guide Konstantinos was amazing! The group was small and we learned a lot about the Greek food and the habits of…
Excellent tour. Sotiris was a great guide. He is very knowledgeable and personable. He made it very enjoyable. I hi…
Great experience! Their local knowledge and expertise made the experience marvelous! Every little detail was taken …
A great experience and a great guide!
We were lucky to have a great guide Crisa! This is a personalized tour just for us and she managed to keep our inte…
Travel Agent Review
Excellent tour with a very knowledgeable guide. Lunch was wonderful! I will only use this company for my future boo…
the tour through Acropolis museum and Acropolis itself was unbelivable. I felt like being in the time of pericles. …
- Duration: 6h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Popular: Booked by 139 travellers!