Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (53)
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Gobble your way through the heart of Stockholm on a half-day culinary tour. The walking excursion is perfect for visitors who want a thorough overview - and taste - of Swedish cuisine. Enjoy traditional bites in Old Town, the often overlooked Stureplan, and the oldest food hall in the city Ostermalms Saluhall. Try local seafood, artisanal cheese, cured meats including reindeer and elk, hot chocolate with cardamom, and so much more.
You'll start at
Östermalmstorg, Stockholm, SwedenYou will meet your guide at the main entrance of Östermalms Saluhall (the entrance facing Nybrogatan). Address: Östermalm torg 11 post code: 114 2 Stockholm
See address & details
- 1StockholmStop: 4 hours -Starting off in the Östermalm area, popularised by the rich and the famous, we introduce you to the traditions of Swedish food. From richly flavoured and exquisite cheeses to game meat. On top of that beer that is crowned “The Gold of The North”. You get a red-carpet like infusion into the world of Swedish delights at the high end Östermalms Market Hall. Heading towards the heart of the city we will let you indulge in a traditional Swedish lunch. Along the way we will also introduce you to the crown jewel of our proud Nordic kitchen; the meatball! You will learn what types of potatoes to serve with it, why we have specific jams for it and other fun facts. Moving on we will guide you through the beautiful Kings Garden. We will pass the the area that Vogue Magazine voted the “third coolest district in the world”. The tour will end in Old Town, an area that dates back to the 13th century and consists of medieval alleyways and architecture. Here we will treat you with some traditional candy and sweets.Read more
You'll end at
Kindstugatan, Stockholm, SwedenThe tour ends at Kindstuegatan 1.
See address & details
- Enjoy a long list of authentic Swedish food and drink
- Explore the oldest traditional food hall in Stockholm
- Get the personalized experience of a small group
- Have a traditional mid-afternoon Swedish fika
Östermalmstorg, Stockholm, Sweden
Kindstugatan, Stockholm, Sweden
- Professional guide
- Food tastings and free samples
- Glass of water
- Glass of wine
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Additional food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please let us know while booking if you are a vegetarian of have food allergies. Once the tour has begun we cannot change the tastings.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Our guide Dara was superb. Incredibly knowledgeable of Stockholm and Swedish history. The places we visited really showcased the variety of Swedish cuisine. The two markets were wonderful and so were the dessert destinations. We capped the evening off in Old City restaurant full…
Date of experience: March 2020
We loved our tour with Teresa. She was very knowledgeable about local food and Stockholm in general. My husband and I joined a group of 3 others and had a really fun afternoon. It’s a great way to learn your way around Stockholm!
Date of experience: January 2020
Our guide Victoria was amazing, she did a great of sharing some bits of Sweden and Stockholm history as we walked around Stockholm. I think there is an opportunity for them to put a bit more focus on the food and have some larger portions, both my teenagers sons were still…
We also had Soma as our guide - it was a brilliant tour and Soma was a superb guide. She proved to be very knowledgeable about Swedish cuisine and took us to a range of foodie locations throughout Stockholm. We particularly enjoyed the visit to the chocolate shop (and are…
Date of experience: December 2019
Better late than never! I did this tour a while ago and only just realised that I hadn't posted a review when I promised the tour guide that I would! Very memorable tour - I particularly remember the authentic Danish hotdogs! Delicious!
Date of experience: December 2018
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: FoodTours.eu Stockholm
Loved this tour!
I had the best time on this tour and I’m SO glad I did this. We had an intimate group of 4, with 6 stops including …
Excellent Christmas Treat
Holidays are special especially Christmas time. Visiting the Christmas Market in Stockholm Sweden was spectacular. …
Incorrect start time
Tour was good except the start time tripadvisor had/has up is incorrect so we wasted an hour thanks to tripadvisor.…
We had such wonderful experience on the Copenhagen food tour offered by this company that we booked a tour for Stoc…
A decent food tour of Stockholm
We enjoyed our food tour in Stockholm. We had a group of 10 and the guide did a good job. We did have some difficul…
Incorrect starting Time and not worth the money
We try to do a walking food tour in every city that we travel abroad to. I find it is a great way to explore the fo…
Not worth it
I found this a waste of money--would much rather have spent a few hours doing research of my own and figuring out w…
We make a foodtour on every citytrip. Nice to learn about the city and his locals ... This tour was well organised.…
A fantastic time
We did this tour on a Friday and had Soma as a guide. She was incredibly knowledgeable about the establishments we …
The Nordic Food Walk
On Friday, September 7th, in good weather, we attended the Nordic Food Walk with one other gentleman from Washingto…
Fantastic Food Tour
A great way to see Stockholm, learn about the history, and taste some of the culture. Our guide was incredibly fri…
It Was OK
It started off a bit rough when our guide discovered we had two extra people booked and confirmed (14). The guide w…
The best way to Tour Stockholm
What better way to see a city than take a food tour? This one was outstanding with stops at historical places. One …
Our guide Tessie (?) was enthusiastic if not that chatty and we visited some great places. We started in a market h…
No record of our booking
We cannot rate the food tour itself as unfortunately the company had lost our (fully paid and confirmed) reservatio…
- Duration: 4h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 3,441 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about The Nordic Food Walk Stockholm
How much is The Nordic Food Walk Stockholm?
The Nordic Food Walk Stockholm price starts from US$97.06. Discover and book The Nordic Food Walk Stockholm on Tripadvisor
What is the The Nordic Food Walk Stockholm cancellation policy?
The Nordic Food Walk Stockholm cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book The Nordic Food Walk Stockholm on Tripadvisor
Which company provides The Nordic Food Walk Stockholm?
The Nordic Food Walk Stockholm is hosted by FoodTours.eu Stockholm. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact FoodTours.eu Stockholm on Tripadvisor. Discover and book The Nordic Food Walk Stockholm on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for The Nordic Food Walk Stockholm?
On average, this experience will take approximately 4h. Discover and book The Nordic Food Walk Stockholm on Tripadvisor