Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Try out a unique winter extreme experience in Savonlinna. Jump in the freezing water and let the stream bring you like a cork right in front of the old Olavinlinna Castle. This is a safe, guided ice-floating session in frozen water wearing a dry waterproof rescue suit.
Mustan Virran panimobaari, Riihisaari, 57130 Savonlinna, Finland
Returns to original departure point
- Light refreshments
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- You will use MAS II rescue suits in floating and 12 suits are available: (8pcs M for 170-188cm tall /chest max 112cm/waist max 100cm, 3pcs L for 176-205 tall /chest max 136cm/waist max 124cm, 2pcs XL for 176-205cm tall /chest max 144cm/waist max 132cm Depending on your size, 1-12 persons can participate at the same time).
- Suitable for healthy persons between 15-60 years of age who can swim
- If you wish to start the activity at any other time than 2 pm, please contact your local provider at the time of booking.
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Floating in front of the northenmost medieval stone castle still standing, the castle of Olavinlinna, in freezing winter weather looking at the sky and stars is an experience to remember! Even though it was -15C it was not cold at all, on the contrary, due to the fact that the…
Date of experience: February 2021
Response from LakelandGTE, Owner at Ice-Floating Experience by Olavinlinna Castle in Savonlinna
Responded 5 Mar 2021
Thank you for your kind review. Great evening it was and it was good to have you ! cheers Arto
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Lakeland GTE
The guide was excellent! Now we know a lot of new things about Finland, its culture, people and of course, about th…
A wonderful view of the lake with a professional, human, friendly guide. We contacted him by mail and was so fast a…
Eco-friendly and very interesting boat trip!
Lovely trip to find Saimaa ringed seals, which are not easily spotted at this time. Eco-friendly, quiet boat with e…
Saimaa ringed seal, Osprey's nest, Rocky cliffs, lake Saimaa, Puumala
The guide was really friendly and professional. He took us far into the Puumala archipelago. We didnt see a ringed …
Our guide was excellent! He told us so many interesting details about Saimaa seals. We already knew a lot, but his …
Strong recommendations to Arto´s trips
Excellent 3-hour Cruise, TOP guide, all guests were warmly and personally met, nice atmosphere, lots of information…
Seal watching in Saimaa lake
We had an amazing 3h cruise is the Saimaa lake and we were lucky enough to spot a baby seal three times - in front …
Great cruice and nice captain!
The private Cruise (1,5 h) by Lake Saimaa was great! The captain Arto was very friendly and knows a lot about Puuma…
Worth the long trip to Saimaa
Great trip with a cozy feeling. We were told interesting things about the seals and even saw some at the end of the…
Great experience on Ecoboat
We did a small-group seal-watching cruise in Puumala on Ecoboat. We didn’t spot any seals this time, but the boatri…
Saimaa Geopark Picknick Cruise from Puumala
We did the 5 hour Saimaa Geopark Picknick Cruise from Puumala. The cruise was great with beautiful views and good a…
Herb cruise in lake Saimaa
The cruise was about learning to identify and use herbs found in the Finnish nature. First, during the cruise, ther…
A must do in Saimaa!
The tour was very well planned. We got to know a lot about Saimaa region and the seals living in it. Our 5-year-old…
Privat fishing tour enjoing beautiful summer night on Lake Saimaa
We took a 3 hour privat fishing tour in Puumala. We enjoyed it very much - brand new beautiful boat, warm and brigh…
Worth to visit!
Had really nice boat trip! Got nice information of rare animals like Saimaa ringed seal and ospray. Sweet tea and F…
- Duration: 1h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Languages Offered: English, French
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently Asked Questions about Ice-Floating Experience by Olavinlinna Castle in Savonlinna
- Ice-Floating Experience by Olavinlinna Castle in Savonlinna will start at 2:00 PM. Discover and book Ice-Floating Experience by Olavinlinna Castle in Savonlinna on Tripadvisor
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Ice-Floating Experience by Olavinlinna Castle in Savonlinna on Tripadvisor
- Ice-Floating Experience by Olavinlinna Castle in Savonlinna price starts from £45.59. Discover and book Ice-Floating Experience by Olavinlinna Castle in Savonlinna on Tripadvisor
- Ice-Floating Experience by Olavinlinna Castle in Savonlinna cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Ice-Floating Experience by Olavinlinna Castle in Savonlinna on Tripadvisor