View all photos (9)
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Sample the capital of Lapland, Rovaniemi in this 6-7-hour tour around the Arctic Circle border. Experience, feel, taste, and smell this whole day tour by beginning the day with an invigorating breath of fresh morning air in the arctic forest about a 25 minutes drive away from the city. Wake up your body and senses when you trek through the deep snowy forest by snowshoes! Feel the difference between wearing snowshoes and not. But if not, we might have to dig someone out of a snow hole haha. Afterwards, we will visit Lapland’s VIP animals, the reindeers and huskies. Experience one of the most popular winter activities of going on a short sleigh ride with the reindeers and/or huskies, which is already included in the price. (Option for longer sleigh rides may be available for an additional cost.) Then, get excited to meet the legend himself at Santa Claus Village. The arctic circle border line is also there, and upon crossing it will you receive your Arctic Circle Certificate. Make sure to stop by Santa’s Post Office which provides a one-of-a-kind special Christmas delivery service with an official Christmas stamp. For lunch, have a Finnish style buffet at Santa Claus Village. Note: Please attach all FULL names of participants when booking. For children too small to wear snowshoes, sleds (toboggans) provided. *2km Husky sled upgrade 20€/person *5km Husky sled upgrade 50€/person *2.5km Reindeer sled upgrade 60€/person
Kansankatu 15, 96200 Rovaniemi, Finland
Returns to original departure point
- ~ 500m husky sledding (musher driving, guests seated in sled)
- ~ 500m reindeer sledding
- ~ Arctic Circle Crossing Certificate
- ~ Finnish buffet lunch
- ~ Guiding service
- ~ Local reindeer farm visiting
- ~ Pickup & return to your accommodation
- ~ Reindeer driving licence
- ~ Santa Claus’ office visiting
- ~ Snowshoeing in the arctic circle
- ~ Thermal overalls
- ~ Visit to Santa’s Post Office
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travellers can participate
- 2-4 persons per husky sleigh (except special circumstances); 2 persons per reindeer sleigh (except special circumstances).
- Duration includes the transfer and clothes changing time. Round trip transfers from & to the accommodation within 8 km of the city center (sunny safari office) are included. Thermal overalls and winter boots are provided.
- Meeting time of our safari is always before the starting time of the safari if you need pick-up services. You will receive your meeting time and meeting point upon confirmation or by e-mail. Failure to participate in the safari due to missed meeting time or meeting point will not be refunded.
- Operated in Rovaniemi between 18.11.2019-26.04.2020 (weather permitting). The minimum number of participants for each safari is 2 full paying adults price.
- Please let us know in advance when you book the safari if you have special dietary requirements.(Eg: vegetarian, gluten-free, etc.)
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Sunny Safari
The weather wasn’t great but still we enjoyed very much. Our guide Gabor was very nice offer to taking pictures exp…
Nice overview of ice fishing and snowshoes
We had a nice time with our French speaking guide. We had the whole tour booked just for both of us. Our guide was …
The husky dog are so good. They worked so hard to ferry people around in the snow. I am happy to know that once the…
Best of the best! Three different fun-filled excursions rolled into one but did not feel rushed nor overly hectic. …
Thank you Gábor! Highly recommended day tour
Brilliant company! If I ever return to rovaniemi I would definitely book with these guys again 100%. Our tour guide…
Thanks to the efficient and kind service of Andreea, we managed to go on a reindeer safari with only a couple of ho…
Pleasant and enjoyable experiences
We booked 2 trips with Sunny Safari, the Reindeer sleigh ride through the artic wilderness and Aurora Photography. …
I was placed under the guidance of Chinese guide person though I am not Chinese, can't speak and understand Chinese…
We booked 2 tours with Sunny Safari: „Reindeer Safari in Arctic Wilderness“ and „Searching Aurora with Snowmobile“.…
Magical reindeer sleighride
The best experience we had on our trip to Lapland. We arrived at the Sunny safari office in Rovaniemi, and met our …
So much fun!!
Me and my sister just came home from the best trip to Finland and I am sure that it is because of its beauty, but a…
Snowshoeing with Miquel
Last December we had the opportunity to share our Snowshoeing tour with MIQUEL. We recommend him 100% because he is…
amazing- a must
This was one of the experiences that I have ever had. The huskies are well cared for and just want to pull you alon…
Great visit! Well organised and very friendly.
Had a great time. Michael was very friendly and helpful the whole time and the trip went at a really nice place and…
Hi, Just like to do a review on the trip we had with sunny safaris on the 20th December, it was a last minute book…
- Santa Claus Village
- Duration: 7h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241