Book by January 29 to save 10% off our previously offered price!
Recommended by 94% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
- You'll start atStokes Hill RoadStokes Hill Rd, Darwin City NT 0800, AustraliaWe depart from Dock 1, Stokes Hill WharfSee address & details
- 1Darwin Airboat ToursStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedDesigned by Matt Wright, esteemed tourism operator and National Geographic's Outback Wrangler, Darwin Airboat Tours is all about fun and adventure! Our custom built V8 Airboat will take you on a 1 hour journey across DARWIN HARBOUR and towards our city's scenic MANGROVES, where you will cruise along the mudflats and take in the beautiful surrounds. Enjoy the local birdlife and keep an eye out in the waters below for sharks, crocs even stingrays. Then it's time to get your adrenaline pumping with the fun part - airboat FAST LAPS You'll be left smiling from ear to ear as you spin and glide across the water and experience the unique thrill of an airboat ride.Read more
- You'll end atStokes Hill RoadStokes Hill Rd, Darwin City NT 0800, AustraliaWe depart from Dock 1, Stokes Hill WharfSee address & details
Stokes Hill Road, Stokes Hill Rd, Darwin City NT 0800, Australia
Returns to original departure point
- 45 minute Airboat Ride
- Entry/Admission - Darwin Airboat Tours
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A maximum of 12 people per booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Tour was finished in 45 minutes and not 1 hour as stated. Not very exciting in fact I would say quite boring. There are only so many mangroves you can look at Not even a bottle of water was offered.
Date of experience: January 2021
We booked the sunset tour back in July 2019. Got to the pier, had a look around, and watched as the airboat struggled back to the dock from the earlier tour, smoke pouring out of the motor. After the people on that tour left the boat, the pilot spent a few minutes checking out…
Date of experience: July 2019
The tour was recommended to us by a local, and we a glad we went. 360 spins, flying across the mud flats, checking out some local crocks, bird life and a ship wreck. Rowdy was a classic, funny, good to listen too and informative - loved the history talk.
Date of experience: November 2019
Loved the experience, will definitely do this again. Husband wants a airboat for Xmas, dreaming he is . Recommend to everybody to do this
Date of experience: August 2019
I enjoyed this tour and had been looking forward to it as a premium tour for my week in Darwin. Driver was great and the views superb. Would have likes it to be a bit crazier than what is was but I guess that is expected with a mixed age group on board. Overall had fun, pity no…
Date of experience: March 2020
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Darwin Airboat Tours
Advertised as a one hour adventure. Start to finish was 43 minutes. Just went out to mudflats, spun the boat around…
Air boat 🚣 on Darwin Harbour
Nice smooth ride around the Harbour. especially in the early mornings and low tide. Noisy but good ear protection …
We had a great time with our pilot Seb. He's an excellent pilot and took us many great places in the helicopter an…
You MUST do this!!
Due to the COVID19 situation, the airboat tours have relocated to Matt Wright's Safari Park on the Finnis River. We…
Fantastic day out with Matt Wright tours
We cancelled our overseas trip due to Covid 19, so we took the opportunity to discover more of our own back yard. …
Full Day Tropical Adventure Tour
This tour was the absolute highlight of our Darwin stay!!! Action packed - airboat ride through beautiful Sweets La…
Airboating with Rowdy
We experienced an awesome day having been picked up from our accomodation to go airboating. The day started with lu…
After booking but before boarding the airboat the guide said there'd be "no chance of seeing a croc in the low tide…
We had a blast with Rowdy! He is very knowledgeable about crocs, a must do when in Darwin. Be prepared for some mud…
Rowdy was very professional, full of knowledge and easy to talk to. The tour itself was great, an experience we wil…
amazing and exciting
Our airboat tour was exciting and amazing. Rowdy our captain was so informative about the history of Darwin But our…
Unique perspective of Darwin harbour
Had a great time on this unique tour, great bird life, informative and fun!!!! You won’t get to see darwin harbour …
Interesting way of cruising round darwin harbour Wouldnt do it again once is fine Airboat is noisy but gives yo…
This was a Christmas gift for my adult children. I wanted something for them to remember that said territory and ad…
Wow what a fantastic tour, sorry that we didn't get to see any crocs though. Will look these guys up again when n…
- Duration: 1h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Popular: Booked by 138 travellers!
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 701 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 1,885 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about 1 Hour Darwin Airboat Tours
How much is 1 Hour Darwin Airboat Tours?
1 Hour Darwin Airboat Tours price starts from £91.92. Discover and book 1 Hour Darwin Airboat Tours on Tripadvisor
What is the 1 Hour Darwin Airboat Tours cancellation policy?
1 Hour Darwin Airboat Tours cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book 1 Hour Darwin Airboat Tours on Tripadvisor
Which company provides 1 Hour Darwin Airboat Tours?
1 Hour Darwin Airboat Tours is hosted by Darwin Airboat Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Darwin Airboat Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book 1 Hour Darwin Airboat Tours on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for 1 Hour Darwin Airboat Tours?
On average, this experience will take approximately 1h. Discover and book 1 Hour Darwin Airboat Tours on Tripadvisor