Your Flame of the Forest dinner starts with hotel pickup from Cairns, the Northern Beaches and Port Douglas. Transfer in a comfortable climate-controlled vehicle to the specially designed open-air dining site situated in the rainforest surrounding Cairns.
When you arrive, follow a short pathway lit by flaming torches to arrive at a secluded clearing. The gracious staff welcomes you with hors d'oeuvres and sparkling wine. Sip your wine as you take in the nighttime forest and dining area, which is illuminated with budlight chandeliers and flickering candles, all set under a high tented canopy. For the meal, take a seat at a shared table and enjoy a memorable evening.
The 7-course Aboriginal Cultural Dining Experience takes place on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The entertainment features an Aboriginal performance of didgeridoo, storytelling and song. On Saturdays, the 6-course Rainforest Dining Experience takes place with a guitarist that entertains diners with solo acoustic guitar.
For details about the evening, please see options and menus below under Itinerary.Flames of the Forest 7-course Aboriginal Cultural Dining Experience (Tuesday and Thursday):
Feast on a 7-course banquet that uses the freshest local produce, meats and seafood (menu below). Your meal includes sparkling, white and red wines, beer juices and soft drinks. Watch an Aboriginal cultural performance featuring didgeridoo, storytelling and song.
• Trio of dips - roasted eggplant with red pepper, feta & fresh herbs, basil pesto & traditional butter served with freshly baked breadMains:
• Fresh local Tiger prawns served with a crisp vegetable and sprout salad, with a chili and lime dressing
• Tableland salad of mesclun, vine-ripened cherry tomatoes, fresh garlic croutons and Spanish onion finished with a honey mustard dressing
• Lemon myrtle infused kangaroo loin on a bed of wild rocket and toasted macadamia nuts garnished with homemade fig chutney
• Locally caught pan-fried reef fish served with lightly steamed seasonal greens and finished with a fragrant coconut and kaffir lime broth
• Jungle-spiced chicken breast with an aromatic fresh date and fire-roasted red pepper couscous topped with a mint and bush lime yogurt
• Slow roasted Black Angus sirloin served on a warm kipfler potato and green bean salad accompanied by confit cherry tomatoes, finished with a red wine jusDessert:
• Traditional Pavlova accompanied by seasonal tropical fruits, fragrant vanilla bean chantilly cream and passion fruit coulisFlames of the Forest 6-Course Rainforest Dining Experience (Saturday):
Savor a 6-course tropical tasting menu that is designed to introduce you to the flavors of the Tropical North. It is served plated and accompanied by sparkling, white and red wines, beer juices and soft drinks. Enjoy a solo acoustic guitarist who plays enchanting music during your meal.
• Lightly seared kangaroo loin carpaccio served with a rocket, parmesan and Spanish onion salad with fresh truffle oil, dressed with aged balsamic glazeMains:
• Smoked crocodile rillette with crisp cucumber slice & salsa verde
• House made spanner crab tortellini in a fennel cream sauce with fresh garden herbs
• Pan-seared coral trout on sauteed seasonal greens with a lemon myrtle infused beurre blanc accompanied by a fresh herb salsa
• Port-braised beef cheek on duchess potato accompanied by spring baby vegetablesDessert:
• Black sapote pavé (chocolate pudding fruit) with orange blossom cream and pistachio nut praline