Experience the grand architecture, beautiful gardens and scenic view points on a half-day city tour of Christchurch.
Wander the Monavale Gardens with pretty ponds and water features, drive through the city center once with its historic buildings and architecture now heavily destroyed and badly damaged by the Earthquake hitting the city in February 2011. See for yourself both the destruction of the central city and the rebuild that is taking place.
You will visit the botanical gardens in the central city and the seaside suburb of Sumner. Travel to the Sign of the Takahe to admire the spectacular views over the Canterbury Plains and Southern Alps.
The tour then moves on to The International Antarctic Centre. This features a recreation of the atmosphere of Antarctica with a snow and ice experience, the blue penguin encounter, a 4-D Movie experience and an exhilarating Hagglund ride.
The Penguins held here are birds that have been rescued and cared for, some since they were chicks. Due to physical disabilities that have left them defenceless, many of them would not have survived on their own back in the wild.
• Central Christchurch including the badly earthquake damaged city centre
• Christchurch Botanical Gardens
• Mona Vale House and Gardens
• Sign of the Takahe with magnificent view over the entire city from the coastline to the mountains
• Port Hills and Lyttelton Harbour
• Sumner Beach and township
• Admission to the International Antarctic Centre
• Little Blue Penguin viewing and Hagglund Ride
• Stops for photo opportunities at all the key destinations
• This sightseeing option of Christchurch is designed for cruise ship passengers.