Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
The bird sanctuary at Tiritiri Matangi is a top destination for bird lovers visiting New Zealand. This limited ticket includes a convenient ferry ride across the Hauraki Gulf from Auckland, with the option to book a guided walk at the island. Stop by the Visitor Centre to learn about various bird species and the island’s successful conservation efforts.
- Book one of the limited ferry tickets to Tiritiri Matangi
- Opt for a guided walk around the island bird sanctuary
- Explore walking trails and Hauraki Gulf’s oldest lighthouse
- Search for native New Zealand birds like the saddleback
Downtown Ferry Terminal, Quay Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
- Guided walk (if option selected)
- Entry/Admission - Tiritiri Matangi Island
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please bring suitable walking shoes, a light rain jacket, sunscreen, hat, towel and swimwear
- There are no shops on the island. Please bring plenty of water, snacks and lunch
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
If you cancel at least 4 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel within 3 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Time of year
A family day trip with primary school children exceeded expectations. Adults and children alike were enchanted with the environment and the whole day. We opted for the guided tour and had 2 volunteer guides for our group. Pam and Jacqui were extraordinary. Their knowledge…
Date of experience: March 2021
Great day with sighting of many birds. I strongly recommend paying the $10 for a guide (the money goes directly for supporting the work of the volunteers). Tony, our guide, was extremely knowledgeable about the island and the birds and animals on it.
Date of experience: January 2021
A very enjoyable day out starting with the ferry trip followed by a guided walk led by a very knowledgeable volunteer guide, whom I discovered was born in the UK a few miles from where I was. The island is highly protected and is home to a number of scarce native New Zealand…
Date of experience: February 2020
Tiritiri Matangi is a triumph of volunteer/conservation cooperation. Rare birds like the fabulous Saddleback are easy to spot, Hihi (Stichbird), Tui and Bellbird swarm around feeding station. And even the highly endangered Kokako can be spotted skipping across the forest canopy.…
Date of experience: March 2020
1 Helpful vote
This trip was amazing in every way. A truly beautiful island where you are surrounded by some of NZs rarest birds. The real magic is the guides though. Fabulous people with a real love of what they do. If you are on the fence - book it! I will definitely be going back.
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Fullers Ferries
Great mode of transport
We used the Ferry for a day trip to Waiheke Island and to get to Devonport and back. Absolutely no complaints - th…
On time and safely managed.
Travelled return to Birkenhead. Good trip across the harbour but pity it was not longer. Enjoyed it.
Great option to get to Waiheke Island
Great option to get to Waiheke Island Would love to see a "locals" rate at some point in time post covid as its do…
Don't be a commuter
There was a time when being a commuter and going back and forth to work by ferry on a 50 minute trip was an absolut…
Poor and dissapointing
Poor feery service, irregular, incompetent at organising replacements, poor customer service (head office staff). R…
Unreliable service, hope you dont mind standing. As passengers we get treated like second class citizens
Harrasment and discrimination
The staff of ferry made me feel very uncomfortable during my recent trip. I cannot wear face covering due to my hea…
Do not do the boat/ bike combo!
This is the first time I have ever left a negative review on trip advisor but was so disappointed that I wanted to …
They do their jobs well.
My experience was very positive. The origins of the opinion go to my first visit to the harbor. I was checking in…
Sails to a variety of places in Auckland and if you have a HOPIT card, the price is reasonable. If you have a Golde…
Went to Devonport and Hobsonville Point. Bothe times weather great and the trip was great and F A S T!!
We got the ferry from Devonport to Waiheke Island as part of a island tour. Fullers provide an awsome service but l…
If you want something fun to do while visiting Aukland then you definitely should book with Fullers to spend a day …
Great service to Waiheke Island where you can visit so many wineries and such beautiful scenery. The ferries go rea…
Best way to see Auckland
We took the ferry from Auckland to Waiheke Island and it was stunning. The views were so beautiful and in our way b…
- Waitemata Harbour, Tiritiri Matangi Island, and 2 more
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 4 days in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 4 days in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Popular: Booked by 1,725 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 1,960 travellers!
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 4,414 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 2,714 travellers!
from £125.55* £156.93
Popular: Booked by 1,289 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Tiritiri Matangi Island Day Trip from Auckland with Optional Guided Walk
- Tiritiri Matangi Island Day Trip from Auckland with Optional Guided Walk will start at 9:00 AM. Discover and book Tiritiri Matangi Island Day Trip from Auckland with Optional Guided Walk on Tripadvisor
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Tiritiri Matangi Island Day Trip from Auckland with Optional Guided Walk on Tripadvisor
- Tiritiri Matangi Island Day Trip from Auckland with Optional Guided Walk price starts from £42.77. Discover and book Tiritiri Matangi Island Day Trip from Auckland with Optional Guided Walk on Tripadvisor
- Tiritiri Matangi Island Day Trip from Auckland with Optional Guided Walk cancellation policy: If you cancel at least 4 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel within 3 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. Discover and book Tiritiri Matangi Island Day Trip from Auckland with Optional Guided Walk on Tripadvisor