Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Canterbury Museum (Christchurch), Canterbury 8013, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
- Christchurch Botanic Gardens caterpillar tour
- Avon River punt ride (if option selected at time of booking)
- Round-trip Christchurch Gondola ride (if option selected at time of booking)
- Entry/Admission - Christchurch Botanic Gardens
- Transport to/from the attractions
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please dress warmly and wear comfortable shoes
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Upgrade to the Gardens and Tram combo to include Punting and Gondola and receive included transport to and from the Gondola on-board the Gondola shuttle
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
is so easy to hop on and go, be guided and told where is what and what it is and just enjoy beautiful garden with lots of special trees.
Date of experience: March 2020
We were pleasantly surprised by the knowledgeable driver,Fay, who drove the electric Caterpillar Shuttle. She gave a great insight into the origins, changes and running of the Gardens. Plus the types of plants and where they originated from.
Date of experience: February 2020
This is a fantastic way to see central Christchurch and also learn some of its history. From the very helpful receptionist to the humorous and informative driver and conductors the staff were great to adding to this experience.
Date of experience: December 2019
The tour around the garden is, as advertised; you can hop on and off at will, and the guides are VERY nice (but it's New Zealand, EVERYONE is VERY nice) and very well informed about the gardens ... but the fact is that the area just isn't that big and, unless you have trouble…
Date of experience: February 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Christchurch Tramway
Great way to experience the inner city
We only spent a short time in Christchurch on this holiday so the tram worked really well for a good look around th…
Hop on hop off tram round the city centre
The tram is a convenient way to get an overview of the city, with a commentary from the knowledgeable driver. These…
the way to travel
$25 for the whole day hop on hop off at different points .We used it 6 times .great way to get around saves wa…
Good to see a little from the old Christchurch
That's a nice feeling, it's a must to go around Christchurch, only a little expensive. Christchurch is now so diffe…
This is a great way to get an overview Christchurch. Easy to get on and off to have a look around. A must do.
Dubious but Great
Was not sure what to expect when my wife book it, but I was very impressed with the service and quality of food pre…
Information for travellers with NZ SuperGold Card - you need to ask
This tram service is excellent and everything I needed for a day exploring Christchurch. I have therefore scored to…
lived in christchurch but never went on the tram when I was there and I really enjoyed the experience especially i …
very happy memories
amazing views loved it and the great staff looked after us so great. I would recommend to any new zealand person t…
A great way to see city
We hopped on the trams and had a great way to see the CBD. you can get on and of when ever you want, we did the cir…
Just the best
The whole thing. We got off and on several times and went round the circuit three times. I guess the best thing w…
Short, but pleasant tram route
The tramway is beautifully old fashioned and that added greatly to the enjoyment of the hop-on hop-off tour. Our dr…
Great thing to do.
We really enjoyed the Trams. They were a great way to get around town on a super hot day and the drivers were very …
Excellent evening with Great food and Staff. Well done
Great evening with great food. Brian the Maitre D looked after our every need and kept us entertained during our 2h…
Good going on the Christchurch Tram.
I bought a ticket to the Christchurch tram for a reasonable amount, and after finishing my coffee and cigarette I d…
- Christchurch Botanic Gardens, Christchurch Casino, and 10 more
- Duration: 9h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Popular: Booked by 989 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 105 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 335 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Christchurch Botanic Gardens Tour with Optional Hop-On Hop-Off Tram Gondola and Avon River Punting
- Christchurch Botanic Gardens Tour with Optional Hop-On Hop-Off Tram Gondola and Avon River Punting price starts from £10.48. Discover and book Christchurch Botanic Gardens Tour with Optional Hop-On Hop-Off Tram Gondola and Avon River Punting on Tripadvisor
- Christchurch Botanic Gardens Tour with Optional Hop-On Hop-Off Tram Gondola and Avon River Punting cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Christchurch Botanic Gardens Tour with Optional Hop-On Hop-Off Tram Gondola and Avon River Punting on Tripadvisor
- Christchurch Botanic Gardens Tour with Optional Hop-On Hop-Off Tram Gondola and Avon River Punting is hosted by Christchurch Tramway. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Christchurch Tramway on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Christchurch Botanic Gardens Tour with Optional Hop-On Hop-Off Tram Gondola and Avon River Punting on Tripadvisor