Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Escape the crowds of Queenstown and get a taste of New Zealand’s best club fields on this five-day snow tour of the South Island. The Snow Explorer really is off-piste heaven – leave the beaten track behind and sample four epic mountains considered by locals as NZ’s best-kept-secrets: Porters, Broken River, Mt Olympus/Temple Basin and Craigieburn. Whilst these names may not ring a bell now, we guarantee by the end of your trip they will be the only thing you’ll want to talk about. Starting and ending in Christchurch, this tour best suits intermediate to advanced skiers and snowboarders as you’ll be using nutcrackers and rope tows to climb the slopes at most locations. But don’t let this put you off – our expert guides are on hand to help, and most people adjust to using these tools after just a couple of runs.
Christchurch to Springfield
Springfield to Craigieburn
Craigieburn to Christchurch
Christchurch, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
- Orientation Tour of Every Mountain - We give you the low-down on every location
- All Transport and Mountain Transfers - Taking you to our favourite snow locations
- High End Hostel Accommodation, dorm share - upgrades available
- Small Groups of max. 8 people - because you are more than just a number
- 5 Lift Passes to 4 Different Mountains
- Tow Protection Gloves
- Lessons and equipment hire - you can add this to your tour
- Equipment hire - you can add this to your tour online
- Extra activities such as heli-skiing
- All meals are at own expenses - unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Haka Tours
I booked a trip scheduled 2nd April, the company notified me that due Covid 19 pandemic the tour would be cancelled…
I was a bit anxious about going solo. I need not have worried as I was with a wonderful group and tour leader. Th…
A fantastic holiday destination
Joined a tour 24 Epic adventure tour with Char it is amazing. Still have 10 days to go. There have been only 2 o…
Best tour I have ever done. Highly recommended for al.
Super lovely group of people. Our tour guide was excellent. I really enjoyed the cultural aspects of the tour (for …
Awful service all round
They let you pay the full amount then cancel your tour because they don’t have enough bums on seats. Which I get if…
A worthwhile experience
I was really lucky to have an amazing group who made the trip extra nice. We got to see a lot of things local and t…
Great tour with a great group
The tour was generally well organised. I particularly liked the Maori village experience because it was not a touri…
I would definitely recommend it!
It was such a good tour!! I loved it!! Our guide was so nice, patient and had a good sense of humour! We could ask …
I did the 16 day tour that starts in Christchurch and ends in Auckland. I had a wonderful time and everything was…
Beautiful country, but a mixed tour and cheaper alternatives
I did the epic 24 day tour with Benny as our guide (and Burto for the first 3 days) - we were so lucky to have bea…
7 day South Island Lick
A fantastic way to see the best bits of the South Island. Our guide Michelle was awesome, so friendly and made ever…
7-Days of fun
Great tour! Customer service (by Mary and Marie) were excellent from start to end, be it it terms of enquiring ab…
Great intro to the beautiful North Island
We had a really enjoyable time on our North Island tour over the summer holidays and NYE. This was a great way to s…
South Island Lick Tour
Highly recommend this tour - had a great time and the guide was fantastic. The length of the tour was 7 days which …
It is a trap
It is a VIP backpacker tour (no tents). According to my experience, if you are a budget and not pretentious tourist…
- Porters Ski Area, Broken River Ski Area, and 4 more
- Duration: 5 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Popular: Booked by 2,101 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 980 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about 5-Day Snow Explorer
What time does 5-Day Snow Explorer start?
5-Day Snow Explorer will start at 6:00 AM. Discover and book 5-Day Snow Explorer on Tripadvisor
How much is 5-Day Snow Explorer?
5-Day Snow Explorer price starts from £919.00. Discover and book 5-Day Snow Explorer on Tripadvisor
What is the 5-Day Snow Explorer cancellation policy?
5-Day Snow Explorer cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book 5-Day Snow Explorer on Tripadvisor
Which company provides 5-Day Snow Explorer?
5-Day Snow Explorer is hosted by Haka Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Haka Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book 5-Day Snow Explorer on Tripadvisor