Dunedin and the Otago Peninsula Wildlife Tour
from per adult
Reserve now & pay later: Save your spot free of charge with flexible booking.
- You'll start atDunedin i-SITE Visitor Information CentreOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Signal HillStop: 7 minutesSee details
- 2Baldwin Street: The Steepest Street in the WorldStop: 7 minutesSee details
- 3University of OtagoStop: 7 minutesSee details
- 4Dunedin Railway StationStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 5Otago PeninsulaStop: 5 hoursSee details
- 6Larnach Castle & GardensStop: 75 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 7Penguin PlaceStop: 90 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 8Taiaroa HeadStop: 30 minutesSee details
- You'll end atDunedin i-SITE Visitor Information Centre50 The Octagon, Dunedin Central, Dunedin 9016, New ZealandSee address & details
Hi Brian, Thanks for the 5 star review. We're glad you enjoyed your time with us in Ōtepoti - Haste Ye Back!
Thanks for the great 5 star review, it makes our porridge taste sweeter in the morning:) Sadly the Albatross Centre's 1 hour wildlife tour isn't included in the tour price. We take our guests to the best viewing point depending on weather conditions so were super happy you managed to see a couple! Your a Back to Nature Legend Haste Ye Back!
Hi petaswan, Thank you for your 5 star review, it really inspires us! Our tours have been crafted to make sure you get an experience that is well balanced and not rushed. We aim to get you out the vehicle as much as possible to enjoy the amazing scenery we have here. Glad you enjoyed it! Haste Ye Back!
Hi milezplu, Thanks for your 5 star review! Our small group tours allow our guides to be personable, it s a real focus for us. Small groups allow us to get people on and off the bus quickly, where we can make the most of the places we stop. We're glad you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you back in New Zealand one day. Your a Back to Nature legend, Haste Ye Back!
Thanks for this stunning 5 star review. We have a pretty solid team of guides and we're thrilled yours was the 'best of the kind' you've ever met! What a great way to describe a guide! This could very well be the review of the year - thanks for taking the time to make our day:) Dunedin misses you - Haste Ye Back!
Hi 470tarjar, Thank you for your 5 Star Review! Its amazing how many people come back to Dunedin, we're so happy you decided to choose Back to Nature Tours again - Your an honorary Back To Nature Legend, if you come back to Dunedin for a third time let us know and you'll go free of charge! All the best for 2020! Haste Ye Back!
Hi Dorothy, Thanks for your feedback - we're really glad you enjoyed your time with us here in Dunners. Haste Ye Back!
San Francisco, CA
Hi Brian, We're all about making your experience in Dunedin the best it can be. We did have a number of cancellations that day but were determined not to cancel your tour - thanks for the 5 star review!
Hi LesP, Thank you for your kind feedback - I've just passed that on to Ben who is coincidentally in the office. His comment was 'it was a great group on a great day'! Your a Back to Nature Legend, if your ever back in Dunedin get in touch for some 'mates rates'. Haste Ye Back!
Dunedin, New Zealand
Hi Michael n, Thanks for making time to write a review for us, we really appreciate that. As you know, wildlife is unpredictable so it makes for a special day when you get to see everything. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your travels around NZ and wish you all the best. Haste Ye Back!
Auckland, New Zealand
What time is pick up Thanks
Do you need to bring snacks/drinks and a meal on your own? I don't see anything about lunch on here so I thought I would ask. :) Thanks!
The tour guide gave us water and delicious chocolate. No lunch was provided. We could have purchased lunch at the albatross center, but chose not to.
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Back to Nature Tours
Excellent tour with breathtaking scenic views
Ben, my knowledgable guide started me off with Baldwin Street, then down Otago Uni and around the beautiful Peninsu…
Well spent day in Dunedin! It was an awesome experience.
Highly recommended day your - Chris was nice, friendly and very informative. Will definitely recommend this to my …
We were very fortunate to see the both sealions and fur seals on a picture perfect beach on the Otago peninsula.
The train was great but peninsula excellent
Great to be picked up and expected the Taieri Gorge Railway trip would be the highlight but no. The shuttle trip ar…
Soaring South Island Scenery
Architectural highlights of Dunedin included Otago University, Railroad station and steepest street in the world. L…
Our guide Mel was very knowledgeable and humourous. I loved watching the sea lions and penguins. Lanarch Castle the…
Dunedin and Otago Peninsula Wildlife Tour with Optional Larnach Castle Visit
A near-perfect day in terms of the tour, guide and weather. The tour was well designed with adequate time at each …
Outstanding, educational and scenic, tour
We did this tour during a cruise ship port stop. Our group of 12 was very comfortable in our tour vehicle, and our …
Amazing Day In Dunedin!
Our day with James was amazing! He was knowledgeable about Dunedin, the indigenous culture and all the wildlife in…
Chris picked us up from the ship in a minibus. As he’s lived in Dunedin for a number of years he was very knowledge…
The trip began with a very friendly guide meeting us at the port exit. The day got even better from then. The tra…
Nice trip and ride
I would recommend this day excursion as it gives a nice ride and taste of the country side through the area. The tr…
Rainy Day in Dunedin
We were only in Dunedin for one day and this tour gave us a good overview of the area. Our guide was very knowledge…
Great driver/guide (Scott). Comfortable van.
Tour was as described. Had some fog in the morning but cleared late morning. Driver Scott was very informative an…
An outstanding tour with Oli!
We had a very delightful tour. Our guide/driver Oli is exceptional. He is very knowledgable, personable, interesti…
Frequently Asked Questions about Dunedin and the Otago Peninsula Wildlife Tour
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Dunedin and the Otago Peninsula Wildlife Tour on Tripadvisor
- Dunedin and the Otago Peninsula Wildlife Tour price starts from £105.88. Discover and book Dunedin and the Otago Peninsula Wildlife Tour on Tripadvisor
- Dunedin and the Otago Peninsula Wildlife Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Dunedin and the Otago Peninsula Wildlife Tour on Tripadvisor
- Dunedin and the Otago Peninsula Wildlife Tour is hosted by Back to Nature Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Back to Nature Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Dunedin and the Otago Peninsula Wildlife Tour on Tripadvisor