Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Enjoy an independent visit to the scenic town of Bled on a half-day tour. While the comfortable transportation from Ljubljana is shared, your time in the Alpine town is your own. Take a ride on a traditional wooden pletna boat or try the town's famous cream cake. You can also visit popular attractions including Bled Castle and Vintar Gorge. All food and entrance fees are at your own expense.
- You'll start atLjubljanaOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Lake BledStop: 3 hours - Admission excludedSmall group approach with carefully planned time, where experienced local tour operator’s chauffeur guide will collect you at designated location for an informative hourly ride to mountainous Alpine region to visit Bled. Upon arrival you will be introduced to destination and possible activities to experience: Take a short walk along the lake shore. The beauty of the surrounding mountains reflects on the lake surface. Throughout the year visitors will enjoy the peace of the lake and fresh air. Climb atop a steep cliff more than 100m above the lake, Bled Castle is how most people imagine a medieval fortress to be, with towers, ramparts, moats and a terrace offering magnificent views. The castle houses a unique treasure - a reconstructed Gutenberg's wooden printing press on which the master printer will demonstrate old printing techniques using hand-made paper. On the lake shore take 'pletna' handmade wooden traditional boat to the lake island. Rowers still use man power as in old days, making your experience more memorable. The tiny, tear-shaped island beckons from the shore and the ride with the 'pletna' boat is a real thrill. Climb atop 99 stairs and ring a bell for your wishes to come true. Upon return from the island stop at the local patisserie and take a break; taste Bled’s famous cream cake – kremšnita. Since the last 60 years, as many as 12 million cream cakes have been sold. Try it yourself. After a nice half day experience we will return back to Ljubljana. Drop off will be at same location as pick up. Castle entrance & guided tour 20,00€ Pletna boat ride 15,00€ Island Bled Church entrance, Luck Bell 6,00€ Vintgar Gorge 20,00€Read more
- You'll end atLjubljanaSee Important Information for details
- Discover a part of Slovenia that most tourists miss
- Enjoy free time to explore the area independently
- Relax in stress-free round-trip transportation
- Take a break from the hustle and bustle of Ljubljana
Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Upper Carniola Region
Returns to original departure point
- English speaking chauffeur guide
- Pletna' boat ride to the island, 15,00 EUR
- Church Entrance, Luck Bell, 6,00 EUR
- Bled Castle guided tour & entrance fee, 20,00 EUR
- Bled Cream Cake, 3,50 EUR
- Vintgar Gorge visit, 20,00 EUR
- Entry/Admission - Lake Bled
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 4 people per tour is required
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- At the time of booking please provide a full international mobile telephone number or accommodation telephone number where you can be reached before and on your travel date.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travellers can participate
- We are communicating with our clients exclusively through the point of booking, in this case TripAdvisor Interface
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
Read 6 more reviews on Viator
We left Portoroz, which is on the west coast, and drove to Lake Bled on the way to Ljubljana. It was raining lightly during the first week in May. Our guide took us to Vila Bled for their famous cream cake and coffee. The portions are very generous so you can share. After the…
Had a great time with Lidija as our guide. She was friendly and informative and knew a great deal about her country. The day was wonderful.
Date of experience: May 2019
I booked this trip through Viator, I understood that there are minimums that needed to be met and I was travelling solo. So I had Viator had call several tour providers to ensure that I made the best choice since I was travelling on December 24th, which was not a very popular…
Date of experience: December 2018
3 Helpful votes
Response from Excursion140404, General Manager at Lake Bled Half Day Excursion from Ljubljana
Responded 17 Jun 2019
Dear whatsername625, we understand your personal frustration, but we can not do anything to solve it. All our tours have min no of participants, in your case 4, and you were the only one booked for that tour. We are not hiding that fact but quite contrary it is stated at every level, even at your voucher/ticket. By EU legislation which we are part of, we have full right to cancel a tour 24 hours before execution if there is no enough clients booked. Same as you have an option to cancel your reservation within 24 hours. In your case we tripled this time informing you about cancellation 72 hours due to execution of the tour. Mybe you should mention how you wanted to negotiate booking a private option with paying only extra 2 additional seats, reaching number 3, but you did not want to pay extra 3 seats to reach minimum number 4 to execute the tour. And this was the main purpose why you got angry with us, as we did not allow you to extort us. We are glad that you managed to do it by your self, but again you showed lack of respect for people working in tourism to provide service on 24 December - I am sorry but there is no free lunch in Slovenia. Milan Arsic, GM
We booked this tour well in advance knowing it might be cancelled if there were insufficient numbers. No-one else booked but Milan ran a personal tour for us for which we were very grateful. He was extremely knowledgeable about Slovenia and shared that with us on the drive out…
Date of experience: June 2018
1 Helpful vote
We travelled a bit out of the tourist season and were the only two passengers on the minibus and our driver Milan gave all his attention to us. Lovely day out and we took the boat to the island and walked back to Bled centre. It was nice to have our guide all to ourselves and…
Date of experience: April 2018
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
Ljubljana day trip
A day trip from our cruise with Celebrity Cruises. The trip was from Koper a short 90 mins away. The capital was v…
Very interesting visit to the Mercury mine
We did a half day trip to visit Idrija which is really the Mercury mine. It is very good with a very informative gu…
Excellent walking Tour with a great host.
We met Milan, our host , on the morning of the tour at an easy location. It was out of season, but still were they …
Do not book with this company.
We booked the tour, paid the money and turned up on time for collection. No one appeared so after 15 mins the hote…
Went here in September this year. A good city to visit, lots to see and do for me personally speaking. Had some loc…
- Duration: 5–6 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Popular: Booked by 386 travellers!
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 1,106 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 1,018 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Lake Bled Half Day Excursion from Ljubljana
What time does Lake Bled Half Day Excursion from Ljubljana start?
Lake Bled Half Day Excursion from Ljubljana will start at 8:00 AM. Discover and book Lake Bled Half Day Excursion from Ljubljana on Tripadvisor
How much is Lake Bled Half Day Excursion from Ljubljana?
Lake Bled Half Day Excursion from Ljubljana price starts from £47.02. Discover and book Lake Bled Half Day Excursion from Ljubljana on Tripadvisor
What is the Lake Bled Half Day Excursion from Ljubljana cancellation policy?
Lake Bled Half Day Excursion from Ljubljana cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Lake Bled Half Day Excursion from Ljubljana on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Lake Bled Half Day Excursion from Ljubljana?
Lake Bled Half Day Excursion from Ljubljana is hosted by Ljubljana.Today. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Ljubljana.Today on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Lake Bled Half Day Excursion from Ljubljana on Tripadvisor