Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Eger is a beautiful baroque city located in Northern Hungary and known for its castle, thermal baths, historic buildings (including the northernmost Turkish minaret) and red wines. The tour covers a great walking in the downtown where you can visit the second largest cathedral in Hungary. There are 17 churches in the city: e.g. in baroque or in Zopf style. The Castle of Eger is famous for its successful defense against the 1552 Ottoman invasion. Nowadays it is a protected historic monument. The city has a lot of sights from the Turkish era, for example the Turkish minaret and the Turkish Bath. The city and the region is also famous for its wines. "The Valley of the Beautiful Woman" is a part of Eger which has numerous wine cellars and many of them serve tourists with their own wines.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1EgerStop: 5 hoursSee details
- 2Eger CastleStop: 2 hours - Admission excludedSee details
- 3Cathedral Basilica of St. John the Apostle, EgerStop: 30 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 4Dobó István térStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 5Eger minaretStop: 30 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 6Valley of the Beautiful Woman,EgerStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 7EgerszalokStop: 20 minutesSee details
- Private tour guiding by a professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop off (other locations available upon request)
- Transportation by a comfortable, air-conditioned car or minibus
- Parking and motorway fees
- All taxes (including VAT)
- An unforgettable experience
- Entrance fee to the castle of Eger
- Wine tasting
- Entrance fees to sites other than the entrance fee to the castle
- Entry/Admission - Eger Castle
- Entry/Admission - Cathedral Basilica of St. John the Apostle, Eger
- Entry/Admission - Eger minaret
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Gergely Szabó Private Tours
A Really Excellent Tour Guide
Mr. Gergely Szabo showed my husband and I the most amazing sites in both Buda and Pest. Made everything understand…
The BEST guide in Budapest
I booked a short tour with Gergely Szabo and it was a great decision! It was a snowy, cold afternoon, so he arrived…
50th Birthday Visit - Tour of Buda
Gergely undertook a tour of Buda for us. He was very good guide. Tour was enjoyable and very interesting
A tour with heart, soul and mind
When I contacted Gergely, I had already seen much of the regular touristy parts of Budapest but I wanted to see the…
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, German
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 4,785 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 1,323 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 468 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Countryside: Eger - Culture and Wine (Full-Day Private Tour)
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Countryside: Eger - Culture and Wine (Full-Day Private Tour) on Tripadvisor
- Countryside: Eger - Culture and Wine (Full-Day Private Tour) price starts from £162.75. Discover and book Countryside: Eger - Culture and Wine (Full-Day Private Tour) on Tripadvisor
- Countryside: Eger - Culture and Wine (Full-Day Private Tour) cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Countryside: Eger - Culture and Wine (Full-Day Private Tour) on Tripadvisor
- Countryside: Eger - Culture and Wine (Full-Day Private Tour) is hosted by Gergely Szabó Private Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Gergely Szabó Private Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Countryside: Eger - Culture and Wine (Full-Day Private Tour) on Tripadvisor