This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tokaj Wine Region, Hungary
- Explore the dry and sweet wines and the gastronomy of the Tokaj region,
- Visit the birth of wines and check the first class Vineyards of Mád,
- Check out the two hundred years, ancient cellar labirynths under the village,
- Sample the classic and new-wave wines of contemporary Tokaj wineries,
- Taste up to 10-12 different wines and learn more about the historic wine region,
- Enjoy at least one local restaurant and some other surprises of Tokaj.
- Taste the complex adventure of Hungary’s Tokaj wine lands on a fun one day long private wine-tasting tour with a personal guide.
The historical Tokaj region is one of the biggest story in Hungarian winemaking. The wine of kings, the king of wine, as they say. Noble families, kings and aristocracy of the Carpatian Basin fighted for this rich land to own as much prestigious vineyards as possible, while revolutions and liberty wars were maintained from the incomes of Aszú wines (sold even to Louis XVI, aka. the Sun King). But Tokaj is much more than the big Aszú-story!
During the tour you will learn about the overall view of current trends in Tokaj winemaking at one or two wineries, following a flexible itinerary arranged by your guide. We will pick you up and drop you off at your hotel in Budapest, and drive you to the most picturesque spots of Tokaj and Mád. Enjoy!
Ask about the making of natural sweet wines or whatever you couldn’t ask before. You’ll see that beyond dessert wines there are dry furmints, hárslevelű, sparkling wines and much more around. Meet the local winemakers and get the chance to taste the tempting Hungarian wines accompanied by cold snacks and local produce.
Enjoy excellent wines of the terroir, the view of the Zemplén Hills and River Bodrog and Tisza, and relax with our Door-To-Door service!
Duration: 12 hours