Select Date and Travellers
per group (up to 8)
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
The rumors about tinkling chains in the catacombs of Kaunas Castle are just a small part of the mystery that surrounds Kaunas Old Town. On a 2-hour ghost tour, you’ll walk through the historic area and hear even more legends, and about ghosts coming out after darkness falls to tell their secrets. You’ll hear about the cruel punishments that awaited those who ran afoul of city officials, bloody fights between Catholics and Lutherans, vandalism, theft of the city treasury, and Jewish-Catholic troubles that ended in massacre. See where the famous Kaunas smuggler lived, learn about the dirty practices of the St. Casimir Society, and hear some strange stories about witch hunting!
- You'll start atKaunas CastlePilies g. 17, Kaunas 44275, LithuaniaBy Kaunas CastleSee address & details
- 1Kaunas CastleStop: 2 hours - Admission includedKaunas Castle is a medieval castle situated in Kaunas, the second-largest city in Lithuania. Archeological evidence suggests that it was originally built during the mid-14th century, in the Gothic style. Its site is strategic – a rise on the banks of the Nemunas River near its confluence with the Neris River. At the beginning of the 21st century, about one-third of the castle was still standing.Read more
- You'll end atKaunas CastlePilies g. 17, Kaunas 44275, LithuaniaBy Kaunas CastleSee address & details
Kaunas Castle, Pilies g. 17, Kaunas 44275, Lithuania
Returns to original departure point
- Experienced guide
- Entry/Admission - Kaunas Castle
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Fun Top Fun Lithuania
The food wasn't warm and the waiters weren't fast and serious . The restaurant looks cool but it isn't .
The food was excelent the waiters were so kind and friendly. The ingriendients were very exclusives.
Beautifully luxurious, fascinating, photographic, lots to see!
My husband and I were visiting Nice as part of our river cruise. We had a local guide who took us on an excursion …
We were warmly welcomed by St.Andrew's Church, and the tour started on time. Our guide Henry showed a great underst…
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, Russian
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Private Sightseeing Tours
Frequently Asked Questions about Kaunas Old Town: 2-Hour Ghost Tour
How much is Kaunas Old Town: 2-Hour Ghost Tour?
Kaunas Old Town: 2-Hour Ghost Tour price starts from £135.63. Discover and book Kaunas Old Town: 2-Hour Ghost Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Kaunas Old Town: 2-Hour Ghost Tour cancellation policy?
Kaunas Old Town: 2-Hour Ghost Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Kaunas Old Town: 2-Hour Ghost Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Kaunas Old Town: 2-Hour Ghost Tour?
Kaunas Old Town: 2-Hour Ghost Tour is hosted by Fun Top Fun Lithuania. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Fun Top Fun Lithuania on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Kaunas Old Town: 2-Hour Ghost Tour on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for Kaunas Old Town: 2-Hour Ghost Tour?
On average, this experience will take approximately 2h. Discover and book Kaunas Old Town: 2-Hour Ghost Tour on Tripadvisor