Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
- You'll start atFrank ZappaK. Kalinausko g., Vilnius 03107, LithuaniaHotel pick up available. Free pick up from most centrally located hotels in Vilnius. If no pick up required, meet the guide at the Monument of Frank Zappa. Address: K. Kalinausko g. 3, Vilnius 03107See address & details
- 1Travel Addicts ClubStop: 2 hoursWelcome to Alternative tour and let’s discover cultural and social hotspots of Vilnius. We will escape the most visited areas of Vilnius that are popular among locals and tourists, and soon you will be led to the Uptown district to explore some hidden scenes of the city. To feel how the new independent generation lives. In this 2 hours walking tour you will visit the world's first memorial to the offbeat American musician Frank Zappa and find out why Lithuanians build monuments for the artists who never visited Lithuania. Walking further into the district you will pass through once famous promenade known as 'pogulianka' and hear the stories of its dynamic past in soviet times. We will find out what did the Soviet cosmonauts do in Vilnius and what's the meaning of the top secret code 'Post box no 555'. During our visit in a once highly industrial area of the city you will hear how the biggest factories of the Soviet era were transformed into cultural and arts centers attracting vibrant communities nowadays. Either on foot or by a short ride by public transport we will continue to the most dynamic street art and hip district of Vilnius – the Station area which is in between Brooklyn and Kreuzberg for Vilnius in its scale, of course. Admire some wonderful street art painted by some world famous artists and find out which painting made the headlines all over the world. Discover our favorite bars and party places that made a significant impact to the rising of the district. Get a glance of Vilnius not so glamorous 'Red light' district and finish your tour at the Hales market where you can shop for local groceries or enjoy a glass of freshly squeezed juice. Find out: * Why Lithuanians build monuments for the artists who never visited Lithuania * Where the best rave party scene is located * What's the secret code 'Post box no 555' * What did the soviet cosmonauts do in Vilnius * Which graffiti made headlines all over the worldRead more
- You'll end atHall MarketPylimo g. 58, Vilnius 01136, LithuaniaSee address & details
Frank Zappa, K. Kalinausko g., Vilnius 03107, Lithuania
Hall Market, Pylimo g. 58, Vilnius 01136, Lithuania
- Local guide
- Food and drinks
- Trolleybus or bus ticket (1€)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Travel Addicts Club
Very interesting science experience
The trip was very well organised, fascinating tour around the nuclear power plant, and also seemed very safe. The g…
The tour started bright and early at 6am, when myself and a fellow traveller were picked up by our driver Pavel. Pa…
Everything was perfect! Enjoyed every second of the tour and I am really gratefull for this opportunity. I advise a…
Vilnius tour 05.01.2019
Big thanks to our guide Mindaugas! He showed us the most interesting places in Old Town an Uzhupis, tell us funny s…
Amazing guide and amazing city
Hello! It was my second day in the city, and at the first I thought "OK, nice city... ",after excursion and now I t…
Helpful and interesting info for tourists!
I joined this free walking tour and it was very useful for me. Guide gave lots of useful historic-based info abuout…
If you want to get an overall interesting and informative tour about Vilnius and Lithuania you’re at the right spo…
Vilnius trip with Uzupis citizenship
Excellent atmosphere with friendly approach. Nice location/. Very cheap accomodation but good quality of all necces…
This walking tour was amazing! Our guide was super knowledgeable and dod a great job giving a history of the city a…
Very nice tour around Ozupis(?) and the old Town. The tour guide had much knowledge about history, cool and funny f…
That girl (an anthropologist by her education) was really great, thank her very much. Knowledge , excellent backgro…
Perfect tour with charming guide
It was my first visit to Vilnius. This tour was recommended in forest camping. Tour was very informative and fun de…
Awesome visit of the old town of Vilnius, I learned a lot and had the pleasure to appreciate the city with a new pe…
A really great tour around Vilnius. Learnt loads, met great people and enjoyed the fantastic sites of Vilnius.
Amazing tour in a beautiful city!
Even if we dropped on it by chance, we really liked the tour all around Old Vilnius and not only because the city i…
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Frequently Asked Questions about Vilnius. Meet the Alternative Side of the City (Private Tour)
How much is Vilnius. Meet the Alternative Side of the City (Private Tour)?
Vilnius. Meet the Alternative Side of the City (Private Tour) price starts from £69.10. Discover and book Vilnius. Meet the Alternative Side of the City (Private Tour) on Tripadvisor
What is the Vilnius. Meet the Alternative Side of the City (Private Tour) cancellation policy?
Vilnius. Meet the Alternative Side of the City (Private Tour) cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Vilnius. Meet the Alternative Side of the City (Private Tour) on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Vilnius. Meet the Alternative Side of the City (Private Tour)?
Vilnius. Meet the Alternative Side of the City (Private Tour) is hosted by Travel Addicts Club. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Travel Addicts Club on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Vilnius. Meet the Alternative Side of the City (Private Tour) on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for Vilnius. Meet the Alternative Side of the City (Private Tour)?
On average, this experience will take approximately 2h. Discover and book Vilnius. Meet the Alternative Side of the City (Private Tour) on Tripadvisor