Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Low Price Guarantee
Visit one of the most popular sites in Lithuania! Visited by Pope John Paul II, this place has become an important pilgrimage site for Catholics. But please don't be intimidated by the fact that it is a religious site - everyone is welcome to visit this unique site - just as long as you respect the place and crosses that carry different stories with them! You will have a guided tour of the place - hear the story behind it, how it all started! We'll point out some traditional Lithuanian crosses, explain some symbols that can be seen there and give you overall information about the country, culture and its history. After the guided tour you will have free time to explore the place by yourselves - take some beautiful photos and just to take it all in as it really is breathtaking! Going there for the sunrise time will allow you to enjoy the place with no tourists around. Get the place for yourself! And save a lot of time as you will be back in Riga by noon if not earlier!
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Kryziu KalnasStop: 40 minutesSee details
- 2Kryziu KalnasStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 3ElejaStop: 5 minutesSee details
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Private transportation
- Couple pastries, a banana, muesli bar
- a cup of coffee/tea to go
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
To go to the Hill of Cross is an amazing experience. The place is outstanding and so mysterious with that small hill and so many crosses of all sizes, colours and formats. Going with Krysta Jansone is even more amazing, she is so nice, with so many history knowledge that we…
Date of experience: September 2019
1 Helpful vote
If you are staying in Riga, it is worth your time to also visit the Hill of Crosses. Maybe an early morning trip is not your style, but seeing this site in quiet somber without crowds will make you fully appreciate its reverence. I also highly recommend Amber tours as they were…
Date of experience: February 2020
Response from ambertourslv, Owner at Sunrise at the Hill of Crosses - 2 countries in 1 day
Responded 16 Feb 2020
Thank you Todd for your review! It is nice to hear that you enjoyed the trip with us. Hopefully, we will see you back one day! :) Best Regards, Krista
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Amber Tours
Awesome guide and tour
We did a tour with Krista and Amber Tours to Rundale Palace in Latvia and the Hill of Crosses in Lithuania. Krista…
Must see in Latvia!
This is Number 1 trip in Latvia! You cannot visit the country without seeing the bog. Great guide who will tell you…
Great tour with a great guide!
As a couple we where the first tourists for Krista after/during Corona, which didn't bother at all, although she fo…
Highlight of my weekend in Riga!
It was just a perfect start into the day! The highlight of this trip was clearly to enjoy a wonderful sunrise and t…
We were in Riga a couple of years ago and took a few tours during our limited time in Latvia - Rundale Palace, Hill…
Krista was an amazing guide!
My boyfriend and I love to travel and we have had some great guides and some not so great. Krista was fantastic! Sh…
A great tour with a wonderful guide
We took the tour of Riga and were fascinated by Krista's way of showing and explaining this marvellous city with it…
Highly recommended - Hill of Crosses, Rundale Palace, Salaspils memorial, Jurmala, Kemeri national park
I had two wonderful private day trips with Krista. The first day was to the Hill of Crosses and Rundale Palace (plu…
Best Part of Our Stay in Riga!
From the very first communication with Krista, I knew this tour was going to be great. Krista was very personable…
Well worth the early rise!
Stunning tour around Kemeri national park, I am so glad to have booked this. In Krista you have a super enthusiasti…
Excellent trip - highly recommended!
Cannot recommend this tour enough - the highlight of our trip! Kemeri National Park was beautiful to walk around (…
Beautiful frosty morning
Wonderful excursion and sunrise in Ķemeri bog and Ķemeri city! Krista is a great guide and knows the best and most …
Best Trip in Riga
Myself and my mother cannot thank Krista enough for her warm hospitality and knowledge on our trip to Kemeri & othe…
In summary it was a perfekt tour. We were picked up by the guide at our hotel about 7:00 in the morning. During the…
The best tour we've ever had! An incredible experience.
Me and my partner visited Latvia at the weekend and were greeted by the lovely Krista who helped us have the most i…
- Duration: 5–6 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently Asked Questions about Sunrise at the Hill of Crosses - 2 countries in 1 day
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Sunrise at the Hill of Crosses - 2 countries in 1 day on Tripadvisor
- Sunrise at the Hill of Crosses - 2 countries in 1 day price starts from £77.78. Discover and book Sunrise at the Hill of Crosses - 2 countries in 1 day on Tripadvisor
- Sunrise at the Hill of Crosses - 2 countries in 1 day cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Sunrise at the Hill of Crosses - 2 countries in 1 day on Tripadvisor
- Sunrise at the Hill of Crosses - 2 countries in 1 day is hosted by Amber Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Amber Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Sunrise at the Hill of Crosses - 2 countries in 1 day on Tripadvisor