View all photos (5)
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Leisure ToursStop: 6 hours -After being picked up at the Picton port when your cruise ship docks, your relaxing small-group tour heads out of the city to New Zealand's world-famous Marlborough wine region. Choose either the 5-hour or 6.5-hour tour, before returning to the Picton port by minivan. Both options include a visit to the Makana Boutique Chocolate Factory, where you’ll see delicious chocolates being made by hand. Enjoy a sample of the many varieties made here, from succulent truffles to fruit-filled chocolates and nutty bites. 5-Hour Tour: Visit five to six Marlborough wineries for tastings of sparkling and dessert wines, oaked chardonnay and New Zealand’s signature wine variety, sauvignon blanc. Snacks and nibbles are available to purchase at the vineyards (own expense). The number of vineyards visited may vary, as each winery stop is relaxed and the tour proceeds at your group’s own pace. 6.5-Hour Tour with Lunch: Choose the longer tour option to taste wines at six to eight wineries. Plus, have time to enjoy a gourmet lunch at one of the Marlborough region’s premium vineyard restaurants, featuring seasonal produce like New Zealand lamb and seafood (at own expense). Worry-free Shore Excursion: We will ensure your timely return to the Picton port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.Read more
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Wine tastings
- Chocolate samples
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 18
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travellers
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
Time of year
Read 83 more reviews on Viator
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Leisure Tours
Akaroa & Surrounds
We were met ashore in Akaroa with a friendly welcome and to our surprise we were upgraded and we got to go to Chris…
I went on this tour with my mother and 3 year old son, and everyone (driver, winery staff, and fellow tourists) wer…
Great Wineries with Great People!
My wife and I had such a good time. We ended up becoming good friends with everyone else on the tour. Well worth th…
A great experience sort of
I have been on many different wine tours and this was my first in New Zealand. The organisers did a great job and o…
Cruise trip from Akaroa
Chris was a very knowledgeable driver and guide. He must have needed throat lozenges after this trip as he never st…
Ross was our guide. He was very knowledgable and helpful. Highly recommend this tour. Olveston House is amazing …
Lord of the Rings half day!
Quite incredible! Our tour guide taught us a lot! Went to scenes where the movies were shot and the Weta Wow worksh…
3 day tour Auckland to Wellington
DO NOT USE LEISURE TOURS. We booked a three day tour from Auckland to Wellington and paid $1308 US dollars. Day one…
Our tour guide Keith was fantastic - a great sense of humour and super patient with our group. The wine tasting its…
Fun Day On The Taieri Gorge Train!
During a cruise stop in beautiful Dunedin we chose to take the train up to the Taieri Gorge. We were picked up near…
This tour was a little disorganized to get us off to our activities, the speed boat ride thru the river was fun!
Loved this excursion from start to finish, great tour operator, spectacular scenery on the train and wonderful visi…
A Pleasant Day in Akaroa
A lovely day in Akaroa! Mark picked us up at the hotel and gave us a lovely narrative of Christchurch as he drove …
Not a bad day but very rushed due to the travel time from Akaroa to Christchurch. The scenery on the way is stunnin…
Dunedin and Taieri Gorge
Dunedin is an excellent location and the Railway and Gorge were well worth it. Great rail journey and some amazing …
- Duration: 5–6 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241