This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fes el-Bali, Fes 30110 Morocco
Your driver will pick you up at your hotel or riad and take you back in time to a world of 12 centuries. You will visit the following sites:
- The doors of the Royal Palace incredibly and beautifully decorated.
- The Jewish quarter - The Mellah - all around surrounded by fortified gates. The Mellah also contains a Jewish cemetery and a cynagogue.
- The famous blue door - Bab Boujloud - one of the two main entrances to the medina of Fez.
- Panoramic views of southern and northern Borges or fortresses, formerly used as strategic defense points during wars.
- Cooperative pottery and tiles - Zallij - where you can observe how various types of pottery and small tiles and mosaics found in riads are made of very skilled hands.
- The tannery where the lether is manually tanned in different colors.
All of the above sites can be visited by moving your private car from one place to another with your driver's company.
The second part (with the company of an official guide):
You go to the bottom of the medina without a car or the old town and visit the following sites, among others:
- Bounaniya Medrassa or school (13th century) which describes the astonishing architecture of the Merinid dynasty
- Nejjarine square and its wood arts museum and its beautifully decorated fountain.
- Karawiyiin University, the oldest spiritual and educational center of the Muslim world.
- Various cooperatives where you can watch skilled craftsmen weaving silk and woolen fabrics and handmade rugs.
- Saffariin Square, the main center for the manual manufacture of brass and silver articles.
At the end of your visit, the driver will take you back to your Riad or hotel.
Duration: 4 hours