Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Low Price Guarantee
Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city led by a local guide. Free hotel pickup and drop-off included. Ride a camel through a broad gorge, Discover the Berber villages of the Atlas Mountains and Desert Agafay on a full-day trip from Marrakech that explores broad valleys and lush orchards with views of Mount Toubkal the highest peak in North Africa. pause for tea in Aroumd Valley then hike to the isolated village of Ait Souka to share a meal in a Berber family’s home. Throughout the day take in the mountains’ beautiful scenery, terraced gardens that climb steep hillsides, tumbling waterfalls and an alpine Kasbah.
- You'll start atArganaOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1High Atlas MountainsStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedDeparting in the morning around 09.00hrs from your Marrakech accommodation drive for one hour up to Moulay Brahim Gorges, arriving at a main trailhead with streams and paths branching out in all directions here you can ride the Camel, then continuing to the highest village in the Atlas mountains passing through many Berber villages. From Ait bnhadou, leave the vehicle to head into the village. You will stop for a welcome glass of mint tea before continuing on a mule for 3 kms up to Armed village. Trek 1 or 2 hours to the Berber village of Ait souka, passing the hamlets of Ait mizan, Targa, and Imoula. Stop off in Tamatert. Enjoy lunch with the family in a Berber home, and marvel at the view of ancient irrigated terraced fields of barley, corn, and vegetables, surrounded by cherry and walnut trees. Continue for another 30 minutes to arrive at the home of a Berber family have mint tea with the family and see how the Berbers live. Walk down to Azroul and visit the waterfalls, then begin your return trip down the other side of the valley to Taourirt before we drive back to Marrakech.Read more
- You'll end atArganaJamâa el-fnna, Marrakech 40000, MoroccoI can also pick you up from your Accommodation in any where of MarrakechSee address & details
Argana, Jamâa el-fnna, Marrakech 40000, Morocco
Returns to original departure point
- Transport from and to your Marrakech accomodation
- Camel ride
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - High Atlas Mountains
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Read 6 more reviews on Viator
Camel ride was a great experience, seeing new born camel was a treat. Lunch was 6 euros and excellent. Guide knew everybody in the community which was both entertaining and eventually - my one criticism - leading to us hanging around as we waited for the long social interactions…
Date of experience: March 2020
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Ibrahim Amzil
I had a great time with my family on the day trip to the Agafay desert and Atlas mountains. Really friendly staff a…
What a blast!
Such a fantastic day out - so much crammed into the day, but in a seamless fashion. Our guide Mohamed Larbi, couldn…
Collected at 9am from our hotel in a 14 seater Renault van which was of good quality. Trip included a camel ride an…
Lovely day out
We had a lovely day Omar was great and did everything he could to make us happy and also the driver The camel ride,…
Very good trip, great guide
Omar was one of the best guides I have experienced on a trip of this type and was constantly providing us with inte…
Highlight of our holiday!
Thank you so much to Ibrahim and Waha for the most wonderful experience - the description doesn’t do the day justic…
We had an amazing time on this tour. It was a day filled with lots of different activities but we equally felt rela…
Trip through the mountains and rocky desert
This trip was a blast! I was by myself and the guide and driver made me feel like a part of the group. One thing I…
Atlas Mountains camel ride.
Mohammed potato was a excellent tour guide. He made our day very enjoyable and interesting credit to the company.we…
Brahim's heart put in it
Lovely guide, generous and very human. Places are beautiful and background given to enjoy them rich enough. Very re…
An absolutely amazing experience
What a great day it was with Ibrahim as our guide to the Atlas Mountain and Agafay dessert. The scenary all round w…
We had a fantastic time on the tour and would definitely recommend. I was a bit unsure what to expect as this was…
Definitely worth it
This was one of the best excursions we’ve ever been on. The tour operator emailed us the night before to arrange pi…
What an experience going trough the Berber market and the villages. Not the forget the small hike we did to see wat…
The trip was good. We paid 45 USD for two persons. We Got picked up on time at our hostel and we came back to Marra…
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Popular: Booked by 225 travellers!
Frequently bought together
from £29.81* £31.68
Popular: Booked by 338 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 6,426 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 867 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Desert Agafay and Atlas Mountains & Camel ride Day Trip From Marrakech
What time does Desert Agafay and Atlas Mountains & Camel ride Day Trip From Marrakech start?
Desert Agafay and Atlas Mountains & Camel ride Day Trip From Marrakech will start at 9:00 AM. Discover and book Desert Agafay and Atlas Mountains & Camel ride Day Trip From Marrakech on Tripadvisor
How much is Desert Agafay and Atlas Mountains & Camel ride Day Trip From Marrakech?
Desert Agafay and Atlas Mountains & Camel ride Day Trip From Marrakech price starts from £19.64. Discover and book Desert Agafay and Atlas Mountains & Camel ride Day Trip From Marrakech on Tripadvisor
What is the Desert Agafay and Atlas Mountains & Camel ride Day Trip From Marrakech cancellation policy?
Desert Agafay and Atlas Mountains & Camel ride Day Trip From Marrakech cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Desert Agafay and Atlas Mountains & Camel ride Day Trip From Marrakech on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Desert Agafay and Atlas Mountains & Camel ride Day Trip From Marrakech?
Desert Agafay and Atlas Mountains & Camel ride Day Trip From Marrakech is hosted by Ibrahim Amzil. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Ibrahim Amzil on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Desert Agafay and Atlas Mountains & Camel ride Day Trip From Marrakech on Tripadvisor