Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Atlas Mountains Once you’ve explored the bustling Medina of Marrakech, it may be time to escape the city for a while, and discover more of the magic of Morocco. Marrakech lies in the foothills of the snow-capped High Atlas, North Africa’s greatest mountain range, and one of the most beautiful regions of Morocco. It will be your unique cultural day out of Marrakech • See the beautiful Moroccan countryside. • Taste the local delicacy of mint tea. • Enjoy a regional meal with a local family or at a local restaurant. • Camel ride experience • Flexible hike in the Atlas Mountains (1 to 3 hours) • Incredible views down valleys dotted with tiny Berber villages
- You'll start atHôtel AliOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Ourika ValleyStop: 2 hours - Admission includedESCAPE TO THE ATLAS MOUNTAINS Tour Description: Once you’ve explored the bustling Medina, haggled for bargains in the sprawling souks and mingled in the crowds of Djemma El Fna square, it may be time to escape the city for a while, and discover more of the magic of Morocco. Marrakech lies in the foothills of the snow-capped High Atlas, North Africa’s greatest mountain range, and one of the most beautiful regions of Morocco. Majestic Ourika Valley With its high plateaus, sharp peaks and deep valleys, the dramatic landscape of the High Atlas will offer you some breathtaking views during this driving and hiking tour to the Ourika valley. You’ll make frequent stops in the Berber villages, douars, that populate this green hillside, discovering the rural traditions that still remain in these indigenous settlements. Your guide will show you inside one such Berber home, offering a rest on your walk and a chance to share a customary mint tea with your hosts. Look out for the stunning view of Mount Toubkal, the highest peak of the High Atlas. Cascading Waterfalls Continuing on your drive up the small mountain roads, you’ll reach the riverside village of Setti Fatma. A scenic spot nestled in a canyon of the High Atlas, seven waterfalls cascade from the rocky hillside above the village. Your guide will lead you to these refreshing pools by a route tailored to your needs, with walks ranging from easy strolls to challenging stream hikes. Enjoy the cooling breeze as you climb higher into the mountains, offering a welcome relief from Marrakech’s sultry heat. Relax after the climb with a traditional lunch at a riverside restaurant, before returning to Marrakech in the late afternoon. This tour is suitable for everyone, with the amount of walking or hiking being tailored to your individual preference.Read morePass byMount Toubkal
- You'll end atHôtel AliRue Moulay Ismail, Marrakech 40000, Moroccoopposite hotel Ali's main entranceSee address & details
Hôtel Ali, Rue Moulay Ismail, Marrakech 40000, Morocco
Returns to original departure point
- Private transport to and from the Atlas Mountains.
- Tea in a local Berber home.
- A friendly, professional tour guide/driver for your own private group.
- Atlas Mountains local guide
- A Traditional 3 course Moroccan lunch
- Camel ride
- Plenty of time to take photos of your favourite places
- Entry/Admission - Ourika Valley
- Additional food and drink beyond the scope of the tour
- Tipping (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Deep Morocco Tours - Day Tours
Must book for Morocco 🇲🇦
We were actually able to customize our tour. It started Marrakech and ended in Fez. We stopped in Ben Haddou and st…
Amazing 14 day trip tour
We booked a private 14 day tour for two with Said from Deep Morocco. Said was very helpful from the beginning, he g…
Six of us (3 couples in our 60's) booked a private 4 day tour with Said and Deep Morocco. From the first contact,…
The dream trip : the best people and perfect company
We booked 7 days tour with deep Morocco tours in March 2020 . It was simply amazing . It was our first time to Afri…
Fabulous Day with Hamid
This tour with our guide Hamid, was excellent. He picked us up at our hotel in a Mercedes SUV which was clean and c…
I searched for WEEKS for the right tour to book in Morocco. It is overwhelming how many options there are, and the …
Excellent cultural experience in Morocco: Marrakech, Rabat, Casablanca, Sahara
This trip was organised by Said and his colleagues. We travelled as a family in a Toyota Jeep for 13 days. Omar was…
Amazing Desert, Amazing Kasbahs
The trip was well organised and Said and co delivered on all promises. We were received at the airport and drove ar…
Best 11 day tour of Morocco
My husband and I really enjoyed The 11 days trip that said planned for us. We were initially little apprehensive …
Great 4 days custom trip!
After booking online the 4 day trip with Said (which was always very helpful and ready to answer) we met our guide …
An incredible 8 day custom trip!
My husband and I travelled with our two grown sons (18 and 22) over Christmas on an 8-day trip planned and guided b…
Our 9 day custom trip was perfect in every way!!!
My husband and I traveled with Deep Morocco from December 3rd to the 11th. There was not one aspect that was overl…
Most amazing and memorable trip
We booked this 4 day 3 night desert tour from Marrakesh to Sahara with Deep Morocco Tours. Our initial communicatio…
Very satisfying honeymoon trip
We had a 7-day private honeymoon tour. It was an amazing experience. During preparation, Said was super quick and k…
This is the company you should go with for Morocco visit, look no further!!!
We wanted to visit a new continent and had Morocco on our list for a long time, however we had absolutely no idea w…
- Duration: 6–8 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 523 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 877 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 12,364 travellers!
Atlas Mountains Hot Air Balloon Ride from Marrakech with Berber Breakfast and Desert Camel Experience
Popular: Booked by 4,327 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Private Escape To The Atlas Mountains: A unique cultural day out of Marrakech
- Private Escape To The Atlas Mountains: A unique cultural day out of Marrakech will start at 9:00 AM. Discover and book Private Escape To The Atlas Mountains: A unique cultural day out of Marrakech on Tripadvisor
- Private Escape To The Atlas Mountains: A unique cultural day out of Marrakech price starts from £97.00. Discover and book Private Escape To The Atlas Mountains: A unique cultural day out of Marrakech on Tripadvisor
- Private Escape To The Atlas Mountains: A unique cultural day out of Marrakech cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Escape To The Atlas Mountains: A unique cultural day out of Marrakech on Tripadvisor
- Private Escape To The Atlas Mountains: A unique cultural day out of Marrakech is hosted by Deep Morocco Tours - Day Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Deep Morocco Tours - Day Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Escape To The Atlas Mountains: A unique cultural day out of Marrakech on Tripadvisor