Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
The Marangu route, also known as the "Coca-Cola" route, is the oldest, most well established route on Kilimanjaro. This is the only route which offers sleeping huts in dormitory style accommodations in lieu of camping. There are 60 bunk beds each at Mandara and Kibo Huts, and 120 bunk beds at Horombo Hut. Guests are supplied with mattresses and pillows, but sleeping bags are still required. The huts have communal dining halls and basic washrooms, ranging from flushing toilets and running water at the lower huts to long drop toilets and buckets of water at Kibo Hut. Many favor Marangu because it is considered to be the easiest path on the mountain, given its gradual slope and direct path. However the short time frame of the route makes altitude acclimatization fairly difficult. Marangu is unfortunately less scenic than the other routes because the ascent and descent are along the same path. It is also the most crowded route for that reason.
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- 5 nights accommodation
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Tips, laundry, sleeping bags and drinks
- Accommodation before/after the trek
- climbing gears
- Items of personal nature
- Any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary
- Training cost and purchase of mountain gear.
- Emergency evacuation by AMREF(kindly apply if you don’t have any)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Africa Outdoors
I just have to thank Africa Outdoors for helping me realize this dream. Since the beginning, everything went so wel…
Mt Elgon adventure
A great 5 day adventure climbing Mt Elgon and Koitobos Peak. Thankfully the weather held and we could enjoy the bea…
Kiarie John K00
I have done not only Mt Kenya but several other hikes and climbs with this team and I experienced amazing service a…
Great hike with fun guys
I have done a couple of day hikes with Africa Outdoors, the most recent being Rurimeria Hill in the Aberdares. They…
I can't wait for another day to hike with the best company...#Africa Outdoors #lets go hiking is the best!!! Lookin…
Great hiking experience
Willy takes care of his hikers. He ensures the whole team completes the hike. He’s a humble guy, definitely psyched…
It was just very amazing
We went with my colleagues and surely just never had an amazing time...Our guide Willy was really just so supportiv…
We did Elephant Hill day hike with my friends and we really enjoyed the experience. Thanks to Willy and entire Afr…
100% summit rate
I joined this hike with a couple of my friends. Despite the perils on the mountain, we all summitted.
Mount Satima Hike
I joined a team to hike Mt Satima (Northern Aberdares) and organized by African Outdoors. Everyone was punctual and…
I like hiking with this company because they are very organized and the guide Willy is accommodating and friendly.
Best tour company
I can’t recommend Africa Outdoors enough. I booked the 4-day Mount Kenya trek with them, and they provided outstand…
I did a hike with Africa Outdoors to Karuru falls. The view was spectacular. It was well organized, timely as per s…
The trip was such a wonderful adventure and I know for a fact that it had everything to do with how Willy and his t…
Happiness on a mountain
Africa Outdoors (Willy) planned a fantastic 5days, 4nights trek up Mt. Kenya where we did not have to think of anyt…
- Duration: 6 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently Asked Questions about Mount Kilimanjaro Marangu Route
- Mount Kilimanjaro Marangu Route will start at 7:00 AM. Discover and book Mount Kilimanjaro Marangu Route on Tripadvisor
- Mount Kilimanjaro Marangu Route price starts from £1,414.17. Discover and book Mount Kilimanjaro Marangu Route on Tripadvisor
- Mount Kilimanjaro Marangu Route cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Mount Kilimanjaro Marangu Route on Tripadvisor
- Mount Kilimanjaro Marangu Route is hosted by Africa Outdoors. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Africa Outdoors on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Mount Kilimanjaro Marangu Route on Tripadvisor