Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Akosombo hosts the largest hydro-electric dam in Ghana; a dam which created the largest man-made lake in the world - the Volta Lake. Akosombo is in the Eastern Region of Ghana and about 2-hour journey from Accra, Ghana's capital city. The town's green scenery is just lovable.…
Date of experience: April 2018
I booked with Land Tours to make the trip to the Akosombo Dam. The driver met me at my hotel promptly at 8 AM. The drive out of Accra proved to me that leaving the driving to an expert was a good idea. The tour included a visit to the Shai Hills Nature reserve, which is on…
Date of experience: December 2018
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Landtours Ghana
This place is a complete fraud they give you fake rental car contracts. Take your business somewhere else and don’t…
I would recommend
Everything was very well organized and communication was great, from booking throughout. I felt safe and well cared…
An absolute must do
Wow such an awesome experience. Wear comfortable shoes, it’s gets muddy in the rain. Beautiful and highly recommend…
Great Overview of Accra!
I decided to take a day to see the sights of Accra while here on business. My guide, Gideon, was a walking encyclop…
Mafico Leadership Renewal Institute Ghana Pilgrimage for Spiritual Renewal
Our Ghana tour was excellent en every way because of several factors. First, we had Elvis, our pleasant and knowled…
Educational & Emotional
This was one of the highlights of our tour to Ghana. This part of our Journey was both educational and emotional. …
Two great tours - thanks Gideon!!
We did the actress city tour on one day, and then Cape Coast tour with a visit to a castle and a nature preserve th…
Visit to highest peaks of Ghana, Togo and Benin. Expensive trip, could be better organized.
General: Successful expedition, reaching the 3 highpoints of the countries Car: Good car, we could have managed wi…
What a way to explore a beautiful country!
Lennard tailored a specific tour geared towards a diverse group ranging from ages 20-77 and helped make the timing …
Perfect for Study Abroad
I am university faculty who partners with LandTours to design and implement an annual study abroad program in Ghana…
Landtours Ghana Does It Right
I just completed a 10 day cultural tour of Ghana with Landtours Ghana and it met or exceeded my expectations. Tara,…
I enjoyed the display of the cultural troops. Landtours Ghana has best talents. They will entertain you with drums …
Whirlwind 2 Week Ghana Culture Tour
My wife and I just finished a 2 week whirlwind tour with Landtours and all I can say is WOW!! Landtours assembled …
3 days Mole tour
real safari with elephants, antelope, monkey, warthog, in a unique and marveling place Zaina lodge. great experienc…
The Cultural Experience of-a-lifetime!
There were 23 of us visiting Ghana from the USA. Landtours picked us up at the airport in Accra and it was immediat…
- Landtours Ghana
- Duration: 24h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Frequently Asked Questions about Shai Hills and Akosombo Dam Tour
- Shai Hills and Akosombo Dam Tour price starts from £289.60. Discover and book Shai Hills and Akosombo Dam Tour on Tripadvisor
- Shai Hills and Akosombo Dam Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Shai Hills and Akosombo Dam Tour on Tripadvisor
- Shai Hills and Akosombo Dam Tour is hosted by Landtours Ghana. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Landtours Ghana on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Shai Hills and Akosombo Dam Tour on Tripadvisor
- On average, this experience will take approximately 1 day. Discover and book Shai Hills and Akosombo Dam Tour on Tripadvisor