Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
This trip combine bits of Tracking the Volcanoes Nat park and visiting a local communities to learn their culture and also immense yourself and get to experience through songs and dances. Gives a short visit travel a glimpse of Nature and cultural diversity of the Rwanda people and also enjoy time out of the busy city life.
- You'll start atKawira Safaris LtdOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Volcanoes National ParkStop: 8 hours - Admission includedEntering dense stands of bamboo interspersed with open glades; you will make your way deep into golden monkey territory. Guides lead visitors to the habitat of groups of ‘habituated’ golden monkeys – monkeys that have become accustomed to human presence. Though viewing is kept to a maximum of one hour, travellers can get an up-close look at the golden monkey in its natural habitat. Adult monkeys frolic in plain view, feeding on bamboo leaves and leaping from perch to perch. Females carry their young, completely comfortable among onlookers. Later visit a Cultural centre where you'll join the local brew makers to understand the chemistry about the process of brewing a local beer from bananas fruits. If you find the activity interesting enough you can join the women in squeezing the juice out of the bananas and drink a glass of juice (Optional). Understand how long juice takes to turn into alcohol after adding in sorghum floor. Enjoy the big glass of our local brew. Among other activities they also do basket weaving and with your visit this local community will be proud of this activity and families supported financiallyRead more
- You'll end atKawira Safaris LtdKK 708 St, Kigali, RwandaSee address & details
Kawira Safaris Ltd, KK 708 St, Kigali, Rwanda
Returns to original departure point
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- Cultural tour
- Entry/Admission - Volcanoes National Park
- Tips and personal amenities
- Golden monkey permit $100
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Do this tour prior to Gorillas. If we hadn’t seen the gorillas it would have been fun and interesting I’ve seen better wild monkeys in Gibraltar and Mexico though.
Date of experience: August 2019
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Kawira Safaris Ltd
We had an absolutely amazing time on our two-day tour with Kawira! Iddy was a fantastic guide, extremely friendly a…
Gorilla Trek from Kigali to Mgahinga
My friend and I booked a day trip from Kigali to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park and had an amazing experience with …
Day tour to Nyamata & Ntamara
I booked for almost 170 US-Dollar a day tour to the place above. Based on the written Confirmation the tour should …
The customer service and courtesy I received from Mr. Ian Kinoti and his tour guide, Fidele was exceptional! As a s…
Kigali City Tour
Thank you Kawira Safaris for the memorable experience in Kigali one of the cleanest and most organized cities in Af…
Hold Our Money
We bought the tour and met and paid advance 50% then we cancelled our program. But Mr. Ian is keep telling and maki…
One day akagera trip
We really enjoyed our trip to akagera nat park organised by kawira safaris. Our guide Kevin was knowledgeable a lot…
Best Way to Experience Rwanda
I've been on a handful of Safaris in east Africa and my trip with Ian and Kawira was by far the best. The guides we…
Amazing Gorilla Experience
We just returned from a 3 day tour of Kigali and a morning with the mountain gorilla. We arrived in Rwanda at night…
Budget-Friendly and Amazing!
We recently went a 7-day safari through Rwanda with Kawira Safari Ltd. We had the most amazing time. From Day 1, th…
Great Company, Excellent Service
We did a 3 days Akagera safari with Kawira safaris and we would like to mentioned, from the initial correspondence,…
- Duration: 10h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Frequently Asked Questions about One Day Golden Monkey and Cultural tour
What time does One Day Golden Monkey and Cultural tour start?
One Day Golden Monkey and Cultural tour will start at 4:30 AM. Discover and book One Day Golden Monkey and Cultural tour on Tripadvisor
How much is One Day Golden Monkey and Cultural tour?
One Day Golden Monkey and Cultural tour price starts from £181.92. Discover and book One Day Golden Monkey and Cultural tour on Tripadvisor
What is the One Day Golden Monkey and Cultural tour cancellation policy?
One Day Golden Monkey and Cultural tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book One Day Golden Monkey and Cultural tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides One Day Golden Monkey and Cultural tour?
One Day Golden Monkey and Cultural tour is hosted by Kawira Safaris Ltd. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Kawira Safaris Ltd on Tripadvisor. Discover and book One Day Golden Monkey and Cultural tour on Tripadvisor