View all photos (7)
Book by May 10 to save 10% off our previously offered price!
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Bhaktapur Durbar SquareStop: 5 hours - Admission includedDeparting your Kathmandu Valley hotel by private vehicle, meet your guide for a 5-hour food tasting tour. Once you reach the venue, you'll start with a set meal featuring samay baji, or Newari khaja, a traditional dish that is a regular feature at many festivals in Nepal. Popular for its unique taste, cooking style, and natural spices, the plate includes chiura (husked rice); wo (mashed lentil cake); aloo ko achar (potato salad); chhoela (smoked goat, buffalo, or chicken); fried bhatmas (soybean); fried bodi (black-eyed beans with spices, garlic, and ginger paste); saag (salted leafy greens); fried anchovies; lava-palu (fresh garlic and ginger); and aila (home-made rice wine). It is accompanied by momo, a traditional specialty that consists of minced meat (or vegetables, tofu, paneer cheese, or vegetable and meat combinations) inside a round pocket or crescent-shaped rolled dough. These dumplings are steamed and usually served with a dipping sauce, locally called achar, made with tomato as the base ingredient. Afterward, you're taken to Bhaktapur for a taste of juju dhau, a sweetened custard-like yogurt that can be enjoyed any time of day as a snack, with a Nepali meal, or as dessert. Conclude your feast with drop-off at your hotel.Read more
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Meal as mentioned in the itinerary
- Entry/Admission - Bhaktapur Durbar Square
- Optional excursions (other than those from itinerary)
- Vegetarian option is available
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable shoes are recommended
- Minimum age is 5 years
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Liberty Holidays
The Vijaya stupa is good for short hiking. It is 2hr from swayambhu as I travelled from here. This is peaceful plac…
Perfect organisation for a holiday to remember
We had the most memorable family tour with Nagarkot Sunset tour. We felt everything was great, our guide Mr. Rajat …
We saw all except Bhakatapor UNESCO sites with great efficiency. Our guide Shiva was very sensitive to the amount …
Great Half Day Trip!
Madan (my guide) and Mandal (my driver) were great! Although it was unfortunately a cloudy morning and during the s…
My friend and I made it to Sarangkot for the beautiful sunrise. It’s definitely worth a visit. However it wasn’t wi…
Tour was excellent. I can recommend it even with young children.Guide and driver allways took care to find clean re…
Krishna, our guide was lovely and was very patient with us stopping to shop every few steps!!! Kathmandu Durbar Squ…
Today we experienced a sunrise tour with Liberty agent Pokhara. We were collected from our hotel at 5am by two you…
One of the best Sunrise and Sunset , you will ever see
Sarankot is very important to Pokhara from tourist viewpoint as Nagarkot is to Kathmandu. Positioned west north to …
Worth the hike
Well worth the long hike up to the top. Maybe set off early morning so it’s a little cooler. The views at the top a…
Peaceful Place - First Class Experience
We had a wonderful stay at this resort. We were greeted upon arrival and escorted to the cable car. The cable car r…
Delicous food and an amazing course
We had a really good time there and they offered the course even just for two people! We cooked momos, dal bhat, ri…
Solo Trip and Day Tour of Bhaktapur and Nagarkot
I had a great experience overall with this tour. I was contacted prior to arrival to confirm my pick up location an…
Ram is the best travel agent I've met. He arranged everything according to our needs and likes. Met us in our hotel…
Highesr altutude among other surrounded hills.
First experience of such a steep cable car travel, roughly crossed 19300 feet more than Mount Everest. Very excitin…
- Duration: 5h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, Japanese
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241