Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
If you really want to get a feel of the pulse of the city, try local transportation like public buses, battery run three wheeler and enjoy this half day tour. This tour is specially designed for the travel lovers who wish to visit the particular destination in a way local people does. Your tour starts as your guide picks you up from the hotel and takes you for a walk to nearest bus station to reach the sightseeing destination. Enjoy the local transportation as your guide narrates about the places seen from vehicle, about people’s day to day life. Budhanilkantha, portrays a sleeping Vishnu, floating like a gigantic astronaut on a bed of snakes in the middle of a big pool of water depicting the cosmic ocean. The name Budhanilkantha has nothing to do with Buddha, but literally means “blue throat disguised by mud”.
- You'll start atThamelOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Budhanilkantha TempleStop: 2 hours - Admission included10:00 am or 1:00 pm: Pick up from Hotel 10:30 am or 1:30 pm: Take a walk to nearest bus station, 30 minutes’ drive to Budhanilkantha. 11:15 am or 2:15 pm: Enjoy the sightseeing 12:30 pm or 3:30 pm: Take a bus drive from Budhanilkantha to nearest bus station Around 2:00 pm or 5:00 pm: Guide assists and drops you off at your hotelRead more
- You'll end atThamelThamel, Kathmandu 44600, NepalSee address & details
Thamel, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Returns to original departure point
- English speaking Tour Guide
- Transfer to the sightseeing spot in a public/ local vehicle
- Entrance fees as applicable
- Transportation fee
- Entry/Admission - Budhanilkantha Temple
- Any meals and drinks
- Private vehicle
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Most travellers can participate
- Please don’t carry expensive things, jewelry or big cash while travelling in a local vehicle.
- Pick up by guide only from hotels very near to Thamel, Lazimpat, Lainchaur, Maharajgunj
- This tour is not luxury tour. You will get a chance to travel and visit a place in such a way like local people of Kathmandu do.
- Please be prepared for walking some times
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Liberty Holidays
The Vijaya stupa is good for short hiking. It is 2hr from swayambhu as I travelled from here. This is peaceful plac…
Perfect organisation for a holiday to remember
We had the most memorable family tour with Nagarkot Sunset tour. We felt everything was great, our guide Mr. Rajat …
We saw all except Bhakatapor UNESCO sites with great efficiency. Our guide Shiva was very sensitive to the amount …
Great Half Day Trip!
Madan (my guide) and Mandal (my driver) were great! Although it was unfortunately a cloudy morning and during the s…
My friend and I made it to Sarangkot for the beautiful sunrise. It’s definitely worth a visit. However it wasn’t wi…
Tour was excellent. I can recommend it even with young children.Guide and driver allways took care to find clean re…
Krishna, our guide was lovely and was very patient with us stopping to shop every few steps!!! Kathmandu Durbar Squ…
Today we experienced a sunrise tour with Liberty agent Pokhara. We were collected from our hotel at 5am by two you…
One of the best Sunrise and Sunset , you will ever see
Sarankot is very important to Pokhara from tourist viewpoint as Nagarkot is to Kathmandu. Positioned west north to …
Worth the hike
Well worth the long hike up to the top. Maybe set off early morning so it’s a little cooler. The views at the top a…
Peaceful Place - First Class Experience
We had a wonderful stay at this resort. We were greeted upon arrival and escorted to the cable car. The cable car r…
Delicous food and an amazing course
We had a really good time there and they offered the course even just for two people! We cooked momos, dal bhat, ri…
Solo Trip and Day Tour of Bhaktapur and Nagarkot
I had a great experience overall with this tour. I was contacted prior to arrival to confirm my pick up location an…
Ram is the best travel agent I've met. He arranged everything according to our needs and likes. Met us in our hotel…
Highesr altutude among other surrounded hills.
First experience of such a steep cable car travel, roughly crossed 19300 feet more than Mount Everest. Very excitin…
- Duration: 4h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 110 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 653 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Pay a visit to Budhanilkantha Temple in a way local people does
How much is Pay a visit to Budhanilkantha Temple in a way local people does?
Pay a visit to Budhanilkantha Temple in a way local people does price starts from £21.49. Discover and book Pay a visit to Budhanilkantha Temple in a way local people does on Tripadvisor
What is the Pay a visit to Budhanilkantha Temple in a way local people does cancellation policy?
Pay a visit to Budhanilkantha Temple in a way local people does cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Pay a visit to Budhanilkantha Temple in a way local people does on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Pay a visit to Budhanilkantha Temple in a way local people does?
Pay a visit to Budhanilkantha Temple in a way local people does is hosted by Liberty Holidays. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Liberty Holidays on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Pay a visit to Budhanilkantha Temple in a way local people does on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for Pay a visit to Budhanilkantha Temple in a way local people does?
On average, this experience will take approximately 4h. Discover and book Pay a visit to Budhanilkantha Temple in a way local people does on Tripadvisor