This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jangchub Choeling Tibetan Monastery, Tashi Palkhel Tibetan Settlement, Pokhara 33700 Nepal
Departure time :
We provide pick up and drop off services only to those guests whose hotels are located around Lakeside area. We charge extra money for transportation, hotels which are located outside of Lakeside area.
Our pick up time from your hotel depends upon the seasons, therefore we couldn’t tell you in advance until we receive your booking on certain date. But we always leave well before dawn. We will let you know about our pick up time one day before our tour.
Return: 1 or 2 p.m.
We provide pick up and drop off services to and from your hotel. Please provide us your hotel name and room number once you booked your hotel at Lakeside, Pokhara.
After the sunrise and mountain views from Kahun View Tower. We will visit two different Tibetan villages around Pokhara valley. Our tours are typically base on educational and Tibetan cultural tour. We encourage our guests to ask questions regarding Tibetan people and Tibetan buddhist culture.
Our tours are not private. Usually we get 2 to 3 people in a group. But we also accept other guests, if they are also interested to join with our group.
Saturday is our weekend in Nepal, therefore our carpet workshop is closed but our carpet showroom will be open. Also on Saturday our Tibetan is not available therefore we can’t able to meet with Tibetan doctor.
• Rise before dawn to drive on top of Kahun view tower (Kahun Dharahara). If we are lucky, we could able to see the sun rise over the gorgeous snow-capped Annapurna Himalayas. But we can’t promise and guarantee you about the good sunrise and mountain view. Therefore we don’t encourage any of our guests to do the Sunrise tour except if you take your own risk about the weather condition.
• Enjoy Tibetan breakfast in a local family, where you will get a taste of Tibetan foods like, tsampa (Roasted barley flour), butter tea and Tibetan bread.
• Meet a Buddhist monk and learn about their monastic life and their daily studies and activities in the monastery.
• Discover the arts and crafts of the Tibetan Plateau – and learn how Tibetan people introduced and make Tibetan carpets in the settlements.
• Learn about the symbols and images that are so important in their daily life.
• Meet a Tibetan doctor and learn basic knowledge about Tibetan medicine and its treatment. Have a first hand experience of a medical check up from a Tibetan doctor.
• Visit settlement photo gallery and learn how Tibetan settlements were established in the early 60’s.
• Learn about Tibetan schools, kindergarten and our educational system in the Tibetan settlements. But we are sorry to say that outsiders are not allowed to visit inside the school and kindergarten.
• Enjoy simple Tibetan momos & thenthuk in a local Tibetan restaurants inside the settlement in the afternoon.
Duration: 8 hours