View all photos (15)
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Koh TanStop: 2 hours -A short boat ride from Koh Samui, one finds Koh Tan (Coral Island), a classic desert island location. The adventure starts with a short drive to Thong-Krut Bay where we board a long-tailed boat for the 20-minute journey to this adjoining island situated off the southern tip of Samui. For those keen to do more than soak up the sun rays, the southern end of the beach has a fantastic snorkelling spot with an abundance of coral that is home to a plethora of colourful tropical marine creatures. Legend has it that the island is bewitched and, as a result of the ancient spell cast on it, no dogs can live here! The west side of the island has a mangrove forest with a sturdy boardwalk so visitors can see how the mangroves act as a haven for land and sea creatures without damaging the sensitive eco-system. The island is traffic-free and without electricity so there is total solitude. Although less than half-an-hour from Samui, Koh Tan is a world away from its bigger neighbor. There is plenty of free time for snorkelling, swimming or just relaxing in the sun.Read more
- A half day tour (afternoon only) with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by car / mini-van / coach with professional driver from / to the boat pier.
- Return joint boat transfers from and to Koh Tan
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Use of snorkelling equipment during the tour
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees and optional tours, unless otherwise stated
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Supplements for transfers for customers arriving or departing from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Hotel expenses of a personal nature, should an overnight be included: this includes mini-bar consumption, laundry, room service, any telephone or other communication cost not mentioned in the program
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated on joint / Seat-In-Coach basis only with English-speaking guide and only operates in the afternoon.
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying along Samui’s main beaches. Transfers outside these areas, including any harbour and the Naithon and Ban Taling Nam area are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- A minimum number of guests are required for this excursion to operate (4 guests); many of our tours do not have limitations on group size, depending on the availability of seats and other factors. We regret that we are not able to communicate in advance about this.
- Due to the nature of this tour, we regret to inform you that this excursion is not suitable for wheelchair users.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Due to the absence of ATM machines and credit cards payment portals, particularly on islands and inside nature reserves, we highly recommend to bring sufficient cash with you.
- Sand and water have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- We reserve the right to make necessary changes to the excursion in case of unfavourable weather conditions or situations where we are forced to make alterations to guarantee the safety of our guests.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 48 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 48 hours may be on request.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Koh tan would have to be one of the most stunning islands I have ever been too, it has crystal clear water which makes snorkeling a dream as you can see all the fish from a long way away. The beaches are what you see on a postcard and are absolutely stunning. The people and the…
Response from Niels S, Manager at Snorkeling and Sightseeing at Koh Tan
Responded 14 May 2019
Dear mickk18 Thanks for sharing your review about the shores of Koh Tan. Indeed, when moving away from the well-known beach destinations, some tropical pearls await. Looking forward welcoming you again to another beach destination with a similar stunning landscape! With kind regards Asian Trails Thailand
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Asian Trails - Day Tours
Review of service and not islands.
To be fair, we didn’t actually go on our boat tour. It was cancelled. We booked to go on a yacht tour of the Marine…
Great day out and good value
Having looked at a few other boat trips from Ko Samui, we settled on this one. Whilst it was the largest group of p…
Overloaded boat, very average snorkelling and huge crowds. Best part of this trip was the climb to the lookout whic…
This excursion normally costs 2200thb but was on promotion for 1600thb, which seemed ok. However definitely not wor…
Fantastic Speedboat Tour
My husband and I booked this tour on our recent stay in Koh Samui and we were very impressed by the quality and sch…
Just about worth a visit
Great staff and a good speedboat trip out to the island, but it gets very crowded and take a packed lunch if possib…
Snorkeling highs and lows
It is worth paying extra to go on a speed boat for snorkeling. We arrived at Koh Nang Yuan before the hordes on slo…
Day Trip to Koh Islands
We had a great day today and our host Thep was fantastic. It is a shame that over populated beaches has destroyed s…
Nice tour but but could have been more prepared
The planned schedule was to be picked up between 7-8 and dropped off around 4-4:30pm. We were picked up and dropped…
We visited several years ago and it was busy but a nice trip. We visited again recently and the place has been tot…
Good locations and sites, staff unprofessional
Overall, a decent experience in getting to see the viewpoint on Koh Nang Yuan (once fighting through a mass crowd o…
We booked this excursion as our final outing for our Thailand trip. It was amazing. The staff run a very organized …
Beautiful white sand beaches
Lovely ride via speed boat to Koh Tao and Koh Nang Yuan, the later one is a private beach with stunning blue water,…
Excellent ride through Catamaran
Fabulous trip through Lompraya catamaran as we started from Pralan Pier. Sitting on the Catamaran open deck in the …
Great Day - Trip over was a bit rough
We had a fabulous day. Have snorkelled lots and this was one of the better ones. Heaps of variety of fish, plenty t…
- Duration: 4h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241