Select Date and Travellers
Low Price Guarantee
Hoa Lu is some 110km or 2.5 hours bus from Hanoi. Located near the Ninh Binh city, Hoa Lu is the site of a 10th-century capital of an ancient Vietnamese Kingdom called Dai Co Viet. This small Kingdom covered an area of only 300 hectares, and reigned from the 10th century, during the Dinh and Le dynasties, to the 11th century, during the Ly Dynasty. The Kingdom was enclosed by a citadel. The citadel and the Yen Ngua limestone hills provided good defence for this kingdom against the invaders. Not much of this ancient kingdom is left standing. There are two 17th century temples, modelled after their 11th-century originals that are on most itineraries to Hoa Lu. They are the Dinh Tien Hoang Temple (King Dinh temple) and Le Hoan Temple (King Le Temple).
- You'll start atCầu GỗOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Ninh Binh Hidden Charm Hotel & ResortStop: 30 minutes - Admission included08:30 – Our guide will meet you at your hotel/stay and start 120km modern bus-journey through verdant landscape. Stop over for a rest on the way. 10:30 – Arrive Hoa Lu, once ancient capital of Vietnam dating back to the 11th century. Having been eroded over the millennia, the dilapidated ruins have nearly been absorbed by the spectacular scenery creating a mystical atmosphere that will besure to titillate your imagination, visit King Dinh and Le Temple. 12:00 – Enjoy a lavish buffet lunch in a local restaurant, a great place to savor the intense flavours of Vietnamese food then go to Tam Coc for a stunning boat trip. 13:00 – Board the sampan boats, owned by locals, gently sailing along Ngo Dong river, capturing the wonderful scenery of Karst hills, rice fields, and peaceful villages, and passing “Hang Ca”, “Hang Hai” and “Hang Ba”. 15:00 – Leisurely cycling on country road around village 16:00 – Get on shuttle bus to return to Hanoi 18:30 – Drop off at your hotel/ accommodation’s door steps in Hanoi Old Quarter. Trip ends.Read more
- You'll end atCầu GỗCầu Gỗ, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, VietnamSee address & details
Cầu Gỗ, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam
Returns to original departure point
- Landing and facility fees
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Ninh Binh Hidden Charm Hotel & Resort
- Tips for tour guide and driver
- Personal Expenses
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Vietnam Packages Tour
A Great Travel Experience!
Our recent trip to Vietnam was amazing. It was a great experience. Excellent arrangements at every point of interac…
Great tour organizations skills; Very responsible and reliable.
Chung and Mai, who run VietRice Travel, are very responsible and committed to their work. You can rely on them to o…
Mr Chung and Mrs Mai wear very helpful to me in organising my ha long bay trip...would highly recommend seeing them…
VietRice Travel! Best travel agency in Hanoi!
Welcoming, friendly, polite, helpful, kind, warmhearted, hard working, dynamic are words that best describe the sta…
Lied to, took our money and sent us to the wrong city
I just had a similar experience to the last review talking about the two boat tours. Short story, I bought a bus …
I highly recommend not booking through this agency. They totally scammed me, my boyfriend and friend. We had sat do…
Off the beaten track
Hi there fellow travelers, I selected Mr. Chung - Vietrice Travel - for the third time, and boy they are really goo…
The BEST agency in Hanoi!
Mr. Chung & his wife Ms. Mai are running the most honest, cheap and reccommended agency in Hanoi. We booked with th…
Great travel service in Hanoi
Hanoi would have not been the same without VietRice Travel. Mai booked for us a great trip to Halong Bay at great p…
Helpful and Friendly
Went for a 10 days trip at Hanoi with my partner. Am really impressed by services provided by VietRice Travel as th…
Highly reccommend this tour operator.
Was just passing by and called into Vietrice by chance, we (family of five) wanted a HaLong Bay cruise. We dealt wi…
Have a great moment in Hanoi
I love this Tour guide, he is helpful kindly and give me best price for the Tour.. I strongly recommended this trav…
Great Travel Agency in Hanoi
Viet Rice Travel provides good service and tour packages at good prices. Despite running on a tight schedule in Han…
Great Service in Hanoi!
I traveled with my friend, I went to VietRice Travel to book the cruise in Halong Bay as well as the trip to Sapa. …
Best trip with the best price!
We booked 2 tours with Ms Mai at VietRice Travel, she is very friendly and always with her smile. She gave me a ver…
- Duration: 10h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Popular: Booked by 472 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 4,682 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 119 travellers!