Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
On this full-day excursion you will get to explore and learn about everything Vietnamese, from the oldest pagoda, and the first university of Vietnam, to present day religious practices and ethnic minorities. You’ll hear the folklore tales about the turtle of sword lake, at the Ngoc Son Temple, as well visiting the final resting place of Ho Chi Minh - the leader of the Viet Cong Army, that defeated the Americans in the 20 year war, and later became both prime minister and president. With no stones left unturned, this tour is everything you wanted to know about Vietnam, to better understand this exciting country.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1HanoiStop: 9 hours07:30 - 08:30 Tour guide and shuttle bus will pick you up at the hotel in Hanoi old quarter and Hanoi Opera House then depart for the Hanoi city full day tour. 08:45: Visit the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and Museum to explore the architectural and historical aspects of Uncle Ho’s final resting-place. Just next door is Ho Chi Minh’s house on stilts and off to one side of the Mausoleum is the One-Pillar Pagoda which was founded by King Ly Thai To in 1049 - the structure has become an important symbol for the people of Hanoi. 10:45 am: Depending on the date, you will visit: Mon – Wed – Fri: Pottery Village Tue – Thu – Sat & Sun: Vietnam Museum of Ethnology 12:30 pm: Have lunch at a restaurant, served with Vietnamese food. 13:30 – 13:45 pm: Visit the Temple of Literature, the most famous temple situated in Hanoi, also functioned as Vietnam's first university. It was first constructed in 1070, under King Ly Nhan Tong and dedicated to Confucius, sages and scholars. A vast structure that has existed to present day. 15:00 pm: Visit Tran Quoc Pagoda lying next to West Lake. 15:45 Drive to the legendary Hoan Kiem Lake to visit Ngoc Son Temple, dedicated to Van Xuong Saint and former general commander Tran Hung Dao, for his struggle against Mongolians. You will also see the beautiful Vietnamese and French architecture around the lake. 16:00 - 16:30: Arrive at the hotel in Hanoi old quarter and Hanoi Opera House, where the tour will come to an end.Read more
- Pick-up and transfer by modern bus with A/C.
- English speaking tour guide
- All entrance fees to the sites indicated in the itinerary
- A bottle of water for each person, on the bus
- Tranditional Vietnamese lunch with several dishes
- Beverages, tax receipts, and any personal expenses
- Tickets for water puppet shows, pedicabs, cyclo,..
- Others not mentioned above
- Tip for tour guide and driver (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Viland Travel
Excellent cooking class!
Our family booked a cooking class on the internet and they picked Us up at the hotel. Our guide-chef was Sunny and …
Nice trip within friendly guides and lovely stops and lunch. Snorkelling, kayaking and sunbathing in some laid back…
The best tour of Vietnam!
I contacted Viland Travel exclusively to organize a tour after reading such good things online about the company. I…
I can't even put into words the amazing experience I had traveling with Viland Travel through my 8 days in Vietnam …
Amazing custom tour!
Evelyn at Viland designed a custom tour for us that covered all of Vietnam from North Vietnam (Sapa) to South Vietn…
8 nights in vietnam
First .. i know evelyn from the viland website .. Then she customized me our wonderfull trip in vietnam .. The hote…
BEST SERVICE POSSIBLE
We found Viland travel when we where planning our family trip to Vietnam, normaly I do not use a travel agent becau…
Very good tour company, they organised everything very well and had a wide range of organised tours, great accommod…
Halong bay tour
Pham was our tour guide and host and he is the most friendly and genuine man we’ve came across in Vietnam, full of …
Hoi An - Danang
We were overwhelmed by the quality of service from Viland and the tour guide, Tai. They all speak fluent English, …
Great organization and wonderful itinerary!
I usually plan my own travel, but since I was traveling alone and had limited time to research, I opted to use a tr…
Cambodia - hanoi- halong bay
I would give a rating of 3 on 5 for viland.. the itinerary was good but customer service could have been better. Ne…
Clock-work like fun trip
We booked a 10 day Vietnam and Cambodia trip with Sarah and had an excellent experience. Sarah helped us customize …
Sarah and Viland, your best choice to visit Vietnam
There are so many wonderful places to see and things to do in Vietnam. Viland Travel is clearly the best choice, as…
Very reliable and supportive travel agent
Went to Hanoi and surroundings, Evelyn from Viland made all the perfect arrangement, making the trip such a wonderf…
- Duration: 9h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Popular: Booked by 119 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 4,679 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Hanoi City Tour - Cultures, History and Religions Explored
- Hanoi City Tour - Cultures, History and Religions Explored will start at 7:30 AM. Discover and book Hanoi City Tour - Cultures, History and Religions Explored on Tripadvisor
- Hanoi City Tour - Cultures, History and Religions Explored price starts from £31.82. Discover and book Hanoi City Tour - Cultures, History and Religions Explored on Tripadvisor
- Hanoi City Tour - Cultures, History and Religions Explored cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Hanoi City Tour - Cultures, History and Religions Explored on Tripadvisor
- Hanoi City Tour - Cultures, History and Religions Explored is hosted by Viland Travel. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Viland Travel on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Hanoi City Tour - Cultures, History and Religions Explored on Tripadvisor