Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1The Battle of Long TanStop: 8 hours - Admission includedThis full-day private tour, which can be tailored to ex-GIs and ex-diggers who fought on the battlefields in the Vietnam War, takes you to your choice of sites where you'll meet people who either survived the war or came of age in the postwar years. Whether you're an American or Aussie veteran, or a history buff with an interest in war sites and artifacts, you’ll see Vietnam as it is today. Visit Long Tan and Nui Dat, key sites of the Australia and New Zealand Army Corps’ involvement in the Vietnam War, or opt for a tour of Bien Hoa and Long Binh, which were both major bases used by the US Army. Option 1: Long Tan and Nui Dat Task Force Base After hotel pickup in Ho Chi Minh CIty, your first stop on this full-day private tour is the former site of Australia’s Nui Dat Task Force Base (Nui Dat SAS Hill). Because the ANZAC occupation of Nui Dat required the removal of all inhabitants from within a 2.5-mile (4-km) radius of the base, the people of Long Tan and Long Phuoc villages were forcibly resettled. In the late afternoon of August 18, 1966, D Company, 6th Battalion Royal Australian Regiment — despite being heavily outnumbered — fought off a large Viet Cong assault of regimental strength during a grueling 3-hour battle. Little remains of this military camp today except the columns of the main gate. Your guide will show you the former runway, now a street in the local village, and the old helipad, which now functions as a soccer field. Afterward, drive past the location of Horseshoe Fire Support Base (access is not permitted due to the continued presence of land mines) to the Discourtesy Rubber Plantation. Visit the Long Tan Cross Memorial, a focal point for remembrance, before continuing on to the Long Phuoc Tunnels. Like other tunnel systems found in Vietnam, Long Phuoc included meeting areas, first aid stations and fighting pits underground. Hear fascinating commentary from your guide as you explore each site and drive to Ba Ria for lunch before returning to Ho Chi Minh City, with drop-off at your hotel.Read more
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned private car
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - The Battle of Long Tan
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Read 7 more reviews on Viator
writersblocktravels wrote a review May 2019South Australia, Australia108 contributions25 helpful votes
It was just the three of us for our tour to Long Tan and the Australian sites around Nui Dat. We had Tony, a lovely but eccentric 73 old that was a translator for the US army and worked directly with the Australians during the war. He was very knowledgeable and took us from site…
I did enjoyed the tour. Good organization, all on time. I would strongly recommend for "history lovers". For ones with sensitive psychology and good imagination - please, stay away... might be too much...
Date of experience: January 2019
My dad served so I wanted a good tour guide with knowledge well Sgnt Dao “Tony” was that he wrked with aust troops and took me places told me stories of first hand experiences He bought yellow flowers for me to take to long tan and it was an amazing day my dad would’ve loved…
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Bravo Indochina Tours
The company will not respond to emails queries. How can I contact them?
We booked and paid for a week bike tour in Vietnam with this company. We even went to Vietnam but after arrival...…
Long Tan/Nui Dat Base with Sergeant Dao “Tony”
I went on a day tour to significant Australian battle-sites of the Vietnam War. The tour guide was a man called Ton…
I thought this was an 8 day tour where you would stay with the same tour guide and the same tour group. However, th…
Mekong Delta Explorer on Bike Tour - Super!!
We did the “Mekong Delta Explorer on Bike” tour, which was so well organized. We loved our tour guide, Yen. She a…
Great private car tour of Mekong Delta from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Min
We started off a little worried as we had little information about the tour. A tuk tuk pick us up from our hotel …
14 night 15 day Vietnam tour
I did the 14 night 15 day tour of Vietnam starting in Saigon and ending in Hanoi. I would definitely recommend this…
Today we had our private VIP tour on the Mekong river. We had a great day. Many different things to do. We had a v…
Airport pickup service from Lien Khuong airport Dalat Vietnam
This review is for the round trip bravo indochina Airport pickup service from Lien Khuong airport Dalat Vietnam th…
5days Hanoi/ Halong Bay
Decided to do Hanoi last minute 36hrs before arrival. Emailed Bravo n replied to me within 2hrs. We did our commun…
Look like a scam!!!
Called the guy to book a tour for my friends after going to the address we found on the internet and he said that a…
Private Day Trip to Grand Palace & Temples
Hi Toni. Fabulous day & Alice was brilliant. Very knowledgeable, English excellent & a pleasure to spend the day wi…
had a great time
Hi. I just wanted to let you know the tour went really great! Thanks for linking me up with the tour guide.
Bravo Indochina Tours
Toni, we would like to thank you for your great service. We enjoyed every country and learned much from each place…
Excellent tour package
The itinerary is very well planned. Both days start around 8am and get back by ~5pm, which gives enough time to get…
Our guide "Tony" Dao (interpreter - veteran services) made our day tour very interesting giving us an interesting …
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 244 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 12,121 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 881 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 5,174 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 5,191 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Private Long Tan Tour and Nui Dat Battle Field
- Private Long Tan Tour and Nui Dat Battle Field will start at 8:00 AM. Discover and book Private Long Tan Tour and Nui Dat Battle Field on Tripadvisor
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Private Long Tan Tour and Nui Dat Battle Field on Tripadvisor
- Private Long Tan Tour and Nui Dat Battle Field price starts from £57.64. Discover and book Private Long Tan Tour and Nui Dat Battle Field on Tripadvisor
- Private Long Tan Tour and Nui Dat Battle Field cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Long Tan Tour and Nui Dat Battle Field on Tripadvisor