Pickup time: Between 7:30am – 8:00am (Only District 1)
We drive 1,5 hours to Ben Dinh, Cu Chi. Upon arrival at the tunnels, our tour begins with:
• Watch a brief of propaganda video, which explains how the tunnels were used to successfully defeat American military forces in combat.
• The tour continues and the guide explains some traps that were placed in the jungles of Vietnam to either maim American soldiers or create panic among the ranks.
• From here, you can enter one of the tunnel entrances and crawl through the tunnels is a real experience to imagine how people could live there for an extended period!
• There is a gin range where you can try to fire an automatic or semi-automatic weapons for a fee (this fee is not included)
• Take some rest at the end for a taste of Cu Chi boiled tapioca and thinking what humans are capable of when having to defend their home. Drive back to Saigon.
After that, we drive another 1,5 hours to Mekong Delta. Lunch will be served at a local restaurant on the way.
• Upon arrival in My Tho, we get on a motorboat, which shall start off by driving us across the Mekong River to Ben Tre, a beautiful island with many orchards. Here we can enjoy a variety of tropical fruits while listening to traditional South Vietnamese folk songs performed by local artists.
• Then, we are going to a coconut candy workshop, where you can see the way to make their living. Try some candy, and taste local confectionery.
• Finally, we will have a short rowing boat ride under the shady of green water coconut trees to our main boat, which in turn will take us to a local restaurant for having lunch.
• Back to our boat and cross the river for overview of four islands (Dragon, Unicorn, Turtle, and Phoenix).
Drive back to Saigon and drop you at your hotel or somewhere in the center as your request between 06:00pm - 07:00pm.