Very interesting memorial complex building XVII by dervishes (Any member of a Sufi fraternity first organized in the 12th century) located southern Shemaxa 100 km. from Baku. Complex consist of 8 eight-shapes tombs each of oneÂ are covered by pyramid types roofs.
All this tombs used to enclosed into the walls with portals. One the one of the tombs there are a sign shown this tomb had been build by Abbdul Aziz in year 1663
Totally 9 tombs were exist but only 8 left till now
Then, after lunch we will visit ruins of the Â Bugurt castle. Located at the top of the mountain, well defended it was reserved residence of the Shirvanshakhâs in caseÂ of military intervention. Â Visited this castle in XIV century Italian traveler Jiovan Mario describing the castle located up on the hills wrote the castle is big as the city.
In 1538 20 thousand army of Sefevids move from Garabakh to th Shirvan and occupied Shemakha. Only after months of the siege castle been taken. All Shirvanshakhs had been captured and last Shirvanshakh Shaxrur had been taken to Tebriz and there he was murdered.
More information about this two places our guides will give you during the tour.
• 10:00- departur from hotel
• 10:00 -12:00 - Baku - Qalakhana
• 12:00 - 13:00 - tour around Qalakhana
• 13:00 - 14:00 - lunch (lamb barbecue, fresh vegetables, soups. Special meal can be ordered prior to a tour)
• 14:00 - 17:00 - ascend and tour around Bugurt castle
• 17:00 - 19:00 - Bugurt - Baku
• transfer (all buses are Merecedes Sprinter or Ford Transit not older than 2009, Drivers are certified)
• bottled water in a car (no limit)
• insurance (standard or extended)Â
• lunch (local lamb barbeque, vegetables, soups, soft drinks. Alcohol is available on purchase)Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Special food can be ordered prior to a tour (vegeterian, khosher, khalal,fish, turkey etc.)