Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Low Price Guarantee
- You’ll have 4 starting optionsOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Muthurajawela MarshStop: 2 hours - Admission includedYou will be picked up from your hotel in Negombo for a tour riding a TukTuk to Muthurajawela Wetland, and a bird watching tour by boat. Your TukTuk is a very typical form of public transport, part of the everyday street scene. On the TukTuk, you can sit and stretch out, protected from the sun, and rain, and with a great breeze. You will soon arrive at Muturajawela wetland marine sanctuary, famous for its mangroves, salt water crocodiles and avi fauna. You will take a boat ride through the vast Negombo lagoon. Extending over 6,000 acres and over 29,000, and rumored to provide home to over 40 species of migratory and 85 indigenous bird species. Mangrove forests that line the footpath are great places to observe birds as well as baby crocodiles and fiddler crabs. On completion of this visit, your TukTuk rider will take you back to the hotel.Read more
- You'll end atSee Important Information for details
Colombo, Sri Lanka Mount Lavinia, Sri Lanka Negombo, Sri Lanka Waikkal, Sri Lanka
Returns to original departure point
- Cost of the boat
- Pickup and drop-off by TukTuk
- Light refreshments
- Local guide
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Muthurajawela Marsh
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- Hotel pickup & drop off can also be arranged outside of Negombo depending on your location (additional charge may apply)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Read 6 more reviews on Viator
We were picked up in time at our hotel with a Tuk-Tuk and enjoyed the ride trough authentic residential districts leaving the crowded tourist spots of Negombo behind. Once on the boat we were busy looking for birds, monkeys and water monitors. Thanks to our guide we discovered…
Date of experience: February 2020
Response from Flyer19105558591, Head of Operations - Online Market at Muthurajawela Bird Watching Tour
Responded 17 Feb 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with Beyond Escapes. We value your feedback and the most generous compliments on our service and we are so glad that we were able to provide you an exceptional service. And also, we are very happy that all our efforts have been successful in making your day tour memorable and enjoyable.
My son and I took this tour. The canal was beautiful and peaceful before we went into the spectacular mangrove lagoon. Many water birds and reptiles. Good and knowledgeable guide. Highly recommended.
Date of experience: December 2019
Response from Flyer19105558591, Guest Relations Manager at Muthurajawela Bird Watching Tour
Responded 13 Jan 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with Beyond Escapes. We value your feedback and most generous compliments on our service and we are so glad that we were able to provide you an exceptional service. And also, we are very happy that all our efforts have been successful in making your Bird watching tour memorable and enjoyable.
It was billed as a half day tour but the tour itself was only a couple of hours. Two of us were in a boat with a guide. She was knowledgable enough but as a birdwatcher, it was nothing very special. What I didn't like at all is that we saw a water monitor swimming with food in…
Date of experience: April 2019
Response from Hiran p, Guest Relations Manager at Muthurajawela Bird Watching Tour
Responded 11 Jul 2019
Dear Madam, Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear that you had such a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. We always aim to deliver a great experience for our clients. We did an investigation regarding this. Unfortunately, as that hunting incident is a rare incident that a client can witness, our boat rider wanted to make it visible for you and has taken the boat near to the monitor. It’s true that it directed to a kind of animal harassment. We promise to take corrective actions regarding this and advise as well as give proper training for all our boat riders to work carefully in this kind of situations. And thanks again for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We will use the feedback to make us better and to ensure this doesn’t happen again. Best Regards.
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Beyond Escapes
wonderful and unforgivable experience
this is to tell every one, the beyond escape family gives us a wonderful and memorable experience in camping , hiki…
Excellent , no word to describe
The camping organized by Beyond Escapes travels are amazing. We were suprised by the activities include in the pack…
Perfect travelling partner
The journey our team had with Beyond Escapes is really amazing. They supply us a good quality vehicle. As well as p…
Fun at Nuwara Eliya
Much appreciated your arrangements. Really happy and we enjoyed well. Again thanks for your staff who coordinated w…
tuktuk safari colombo
Fabulous insight of Colombo, Krishna(I think that was his name)our driver and guide was very knowledgeable. He took…
Lynda & Mark GRIFFITHS'
Amazing all round trip, had the opportunity to let a baby turtle into the ocean from the turtle sanctuary. Max was …
Horton’s national park is a must visit place. Beyond escapes arranged the tour nicely and the guide Anjana was very…
Very good hire of car and driver
Me and my wife had a 5 day self-planned tour of Sri Lanka late February with car and driver booked from Beyond Esca…
Elephant orphanage, tea plantation and highlights
Mr Nishantha was a fantastic guide for the day we had so much fun with him and also felt so safe he helped us in ev…
A perfect combination of romance and experiences!
Beyond Escape's 8-day Honeymoon tour is really recommended! The tour is so well planned and efficient, without bein…
Godfrey escorted me and my husband around Negombo. He went over and above regular service. He took us to a speciali…
Our amazing experience!
We had Suma and Rumesh with us for our full day safari and it was amazing! They were so nice and helpful. They took…
Highly Recommended Sri Lankan Tour Company
We can really recommend Beyond Escapes for organising your tour in Sri Lanka! We have had two private tours of many…
Leapord Nest full day Safari
We had a full day safari with Maari He arrived promptly to pick us up from hotel at 0530 with a car full of water a…
Nice tour, but too much for one day!
The Three Iconic Day Tour was nice with wonderful view from Ella Rock and Little Adams Peak. It was also nice too s…
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Nature and Wildlife
Frequently Asked Questions about Muthurajawela Bird Watching Tour
What time does Muthurajawela Bird Watching Tour start?
Muthurajawela Bird Watching Tour will start at 7:30 AM. Discover and book Muthurajawela Bird Watching Tour on Tripadvisor
How much is Muthurajawela Bird Watching Tour?
Muthurajawela Bird Watching Tour price starts from £37.77. Discover and book Muthurajawela Bird Watching Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Muthurajawela Bird Watching Tour cancellation policy?
Muthurajawela Bird Watching Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Muthurajawela Bird Watching Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Muthurajawela Bird Watching Tour?
Muthurajawela Bird Watching Tour is hosted by Beyond Escapes. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Beyond Escapes on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Muthurajawela Bird Watching Tour on Tripadvisor