View all photos (9)
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
You’ll have 4 starting options
Or, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Golan Heights WineryStop: 11 hours -Our tour begins as we leave Jerusalem or Tel-Aviv traveling north on the coastal road along the Mediterranean Sea and passing the cities of Hertzilya and Natanya. We turn inland and travel through the plain of Armageddon as mentioned in Revelations. From here we can see Megiddo site of an ancient Biblical city .When we reach the southernmost point of the Sea of Galilee we stop to look down on the sea from above and take in the gorgeous pastoral vista. The panoramic view which lies before us has the Kinneret (Sea of Galilee) in the foreground and the undulating Golan Heights forming a dramatic backdrop. We cross the Jordan River at the foot of the Golan Heights and begin our ascent passing through Hamat Gader. Today Hamat Gader is a popular spa destination just as it was for the Romans almost 2000 years ago. We continue on through the lush green countryside until we reach the Shalom Observatory. From here we have a stunning view looking back at the Sea of Galilee beneath us. It is easy to understand the strategic importance of the Heights as we see the Israeli city of Tiberias in the distance on the edge of the Sea of Galilee. We travel on to Katzrin where excavations have uncovered a village from the Mishnah and Talmud periods. The village has been partially restored and we can see the archaeological findings which include a synagogue, houses and an oil press. Here we can also see evidence of former volcanic activity in the Golan Heights as black basalt rock forms part of the landscape. We continue on to Katzrin, a city sometimes referred to as the Capital of the Golan. As far back as the Middle Bronze Age this location has been occupied, and later the Romans, Mamluks, Ottomans and even French have ruled this picturesque city. Here we visit the Golan Antiquities Museum where we see findings from the region and the nearby archeological site. The museum displays artifacts and has audiovisual presentations about the city of Gamla. We learn of Gamla, the historic Second Temple Era Jewish city which has been excavated nearby. We continue to Mount Bental to see what remains of Syrian fortifications. The Syrian bunkers, base and trenches were captured by the Israeli's in the Six Day War of 1967. From here we can see how close Syria is as we look down on the Syrian city of Kuneitra just beyond the Canadian UN forces which have protected this peaceful border since the cease fire in 1974.Read more
You'll end atSee Important Information for details
Jerusalem, Israel Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel Netanya, Israel Herzliya, Israel
Returns to original departure point
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Jerusalem or Tel Aviv Hotels
- Professional guide
- Includes all entrance fees
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Food and drinks
- Insurance of any kind
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Guests picked up from Jerusalem will join the tour from Tel-Aviv.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Most travellers can participate
- Minimum starting age for the tour is 4 years old.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Read 1 more review on Viator
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Click Tours Israel
Grand Rapids, Michigan5113
Click booked our 3 tours with Bein Harim which all went very well. Jerusalem. sea of Galilee Dead Sea. Top…
Nightmare day!!! Do not take the tour , my advice
We took this day tour to the north of Israel and booked the English tour. After pick up at the hotel ( they where…
We were picked up from Tel Aviv and dropped back in the same location. Everything was on time as scheduled. Our…
Nazareth, Sea of Galilee, Capernaumbisit
Amazing tour. Dorit Epstein, our guide was extremely friendly and very well educated in Israel’s history, and not…
Many thanks to our guide Ami. Prepare for a long day. May want to consider getting baptized in the Jordan. Didn’t…
Very interesting trip
This is a very very nice into the northern part of the country. The Baha:I gardens are really nice, you get close…
Great places to visit but poor organisation
Book your trip with Tripadvisor in advance because it’s much cheaper than buying it in Israel. This is a great…
Tel Aviv, Israel51
Seeing the less known parts of Israel
A good full day tour that takes you from Tel Aviv right up to the Lebanese border on the coast. Our guide David…
Albuquerque, New Mexico393
Great tour on a modern bus. Had enough time for our needs and a bit of free time at each site. Loved all the sites.
A wonderful trip to Nazareth, Galilee and River Jordan Baptismal site
An incredibly interesting tour of New Testament sites in Northern Israel. Tour Guide Daniel was a perfect tour…
- Duration: 11h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241